1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Genesis - But this time I can't defend you, 4 Sep 2009
This review is from: Live 1973 - 2007 (Audio CDs and NTSC format DVD) (Audio CD)
I ordered this box with as much excitement and anticipation as I had with the studio box sets. Since then I have discovered that Three Sides Live and The Way We Walk are only stereo versions only (not 5.1) They are not being released on hybrid SACD. The extra live material has already been heard on the previous archive box sets, even though there must be countless other live recordings available.

I was almost appeased when it was announced that a Live DVD box would be available including 3 Sides Live in 5.1 and The Mama Tour. However, I have found out since that The Way We Walk and The Invisible Touch Tour DVDs will be exactly the same as those currently available. Three Sides Live will be cut in the original VHS format with fake 5.1 surround in places as the original tapes are lost (including the In The Cage medley).

This truly is a poor effort. I have cancelled my order.

I am a Genesis fan but I'm not stupid.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Sep 2009 19:33:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Sep 2009 19:37:15 BDT
r. f. says:
You are stupid if you have made a judgment WITH OUT even hearing this box set and / or READING their reasons for why they did , what they did. That reasoning is in a box set booklet with pictures.

Maybe listening and reading may help you finally hear and see , that writing comments about something that you don't really know about , is not a great idea.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2009 02:58:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Oct 2009 02:59:58 BDT
surrounded says:
regan:
We need to buy a box to read the enclosed explanation (with pictures, I imagine) of why it blows? Or maybe, if you found it so convincing and acceptable, you can present the arguments here instead of calling people stupid. Because judging by the tone of responses, quite a few of us are not going to lay down a good chunk of cash for a half-baked rip-off. I personally find the reason for not including videos or 5.1 mixes with several albums that "yet another box coming out with those" insulting my intelligence and loyalty to the band.

Flood provided a sentiment, shared by many long-time Genesis fans, of a feeling being taken for a ride by the band's management. Not a comment on the music.

I do hope that the actual band member had little to do with this policy-making.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Oct 2009 20:33:37 BDT
I completely agree with what you say , we already know the music is great and 5*, and although I don't own the 'live cd box' I think that the live movies in the new boxset should have been included with the live CD boxset making it a more worthwhile purchase.

When it works out that the combined cost of both boxsets totals around 150, and for that huge cost theres very little new material
included, it is a complete ripoff.

The 'suits' need to take into account the current financial climate and offer value to the bands loyal fans, not try to squeeze every last penny out of people who already have the material featured, - it's not as if the band needs the money!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2009 23:27:25 GMT
Regan,please refer to my comment on your reply to a previous post,on another review!! You're STILL talking out of your rear orifice on this subject!!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2009 17:47:48 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Nov 2009 17:48:34 GMT
John Gibbin says:
Regan I did buy this box set as I thought as with the other sets it would contain video and some other material that I would really appreciate. However other than the Rainbow disc I got vitually nothing other than what I already had. As for being stupid for not buying the set to see if it is worth the money, I actually feel pretty stupid for buyng it before I really knew what it contained or to be more precise what it did not contain.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2011 20:32:12 BDT