15 of 16 people found the following review helpful
PREPARE FOR GLORY!,
This review is from: Shinobi (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
A new Shinobi - dear god noooooo whisper my inner, magical, ninja, senses - YEEEAAAARGH!! Says my inner Megadrive pad wielding teenage self! So what's it gonna be Sega? Are you going to destroy one of the most majestic game franchises ever devised? Or are you gonna pull down that ninja hood and fling some firey shurikens at our eager, moist, young eye-peas? Wanna know how it turned out? Then read the following list and understand...
- First off the controls are as tight as a ducks butt underwater - controlling your Ninja is a simple matter of defining the controls, if needs be, then slipping around with the utmost of skill and ease, sword slashing, throwing star flinging and being an all around hard-ass.
- The graphics are fluid and in a rather cool style that may not sit well with fans of the old-school look but it'll grow on you and pretty soon you'll be digging it like a silky smooth mole.
- The 3D is okay - I mean I don't expect every game to push the gimmick but it works well enough here.
- The horse riding levels are back: ninja + shimmering sword + horseback = bad guys getting slashed to ribbons = splendiferous.
- The soundtrack is like a religious experience for your ear pipes. I mean some of these tracks will unscrew your dome and break-dance on your brain.
- The cut scenes are quite groovy.
- There's a pile of art and tunes and whatnot to unlock which we all know goes to making a lovely rounded experience.
- It's not the longest game in history, but also on the plus side it doesn't outstay its welcome and there enough to keep the hardcore coming back.
- This game is tough as all heck - you play on anything but the lowest difficulty setting and you are going to be crying for the 5 billion save points and infinite lives you get with all your other mollycoddling FPS's and such like. Prepare to be taught a lesson in ninjitsu!
- Some of the levels are a little bit bland compared to others.
THE FINAL BLOW!:
This is the Shinobi game I've been waiting for since part III on the good old MD - It's as tough as an overdone t-bone but five times as tasty: so if you love your action filled with ninjas, violence and awesomeness then pick this up and believe!