ARRAY(0xa7e49744)

5.0 out of 5 stars A high quality & sturdy faux leather case to protect your Kindle, 25 April 2011
This review is from: Fonem8 - Kindle Keyboard 3G, Wi-Fi Executive Pro Book Case Cover Luxury Executive Wallet - Black - Includes Free Screen Protector
Length:: 1:51 Mins

The Kindle 3 Faux Leather Wallet/Cover is a hardwearing protective cover for your Kindle. The cover is made from fake leather, which has been stitched together to a (somewhat surprisingly) high standard. The weight of the cover does add quite substantially to the overall weight of the Kindle for when you're out and about, but due to the excellent level of added protection provided, I firmly believe that it is well worth it.

The case is held together via a magnetic clasp that easily locks together offering a strong and reliable hold. Inside the case, the Kindle 3 is held snugly in place by two leather corner grips (at the bottom) and the two elasticated grips (at the top). Admittedly, before ordering this case, I was a little dubious about how securely these corner grips would actually hold the Kindle - especially considering I will be constantly carrying it around with me in a bag during my daily commute. However, I can happily say that these corner grips do hold the Kindle very securely and not once has the Kindle come even close to falling out.

The additional inner pockets of the cover/wallet allow the user to carry around any handy cards etc that they might need. Obviously you wouldn't be using this as your day-to-day wallet, storing all of your credit cards. However, I have found it handy for carrying around small train timetables, loose paper for notes (I do a lot of reviewing) and a few additional business/retail cards etc. For this it is absolutely ideal.

When reading from the Kindle, the case cover can either be folded right back around on itself allowing you to easily read it single-handed, or if you prefer, you can always hold it open like a book. The Kindle is set back approximately 5mm from all of the edges of the case, so that if you were to drop it (gasp!!!), the Kinde itself would not make contact with any hard surfaces (obviously as long as the case was closed when you dropped it).

I've used the cover for my Kindle now for almost five months and can happily say that it has lasted me very well thus far. The faux leather and stitching has proven to be of a high and durable quality, with no loose threads coming loose or anything of that nature. The added bulk and weight to the Kindle hasn't proven to be any extra hassle for me (although I have never carried the Kindle around in a pocket, just in a bag). With the Kindle inside the case the added depth of the whole thing is just over 2cm, so this is a lot thicker than the Kindle just on its own.

To be honest, I haven't really used the additional `screen protectors' that came with the case. The reason for this is because I honestly see no real need for them, because I always have the Kindle kept securely in the case. Nothing ever touches the screen. If I were to sneeze, I'd put a hand over my nose and mouth, not my Kindle (a good tip for my fellow commuters - hint hint!!!).

All in all I've been extremely happy with this case. So much so that I've already recommended it to a few friends who have since purchased their own and also been very happy with them. Very highly recommended.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]