5.0 out of 5 stars Another Delightful Tale of Life With Animals, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Seriously Mum, Where's that Donkey? (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this well written novel as much as the first book in the series. I love learning about alpacas. I could visualize Alan cramming Santa, the sickly alpaca, in the back of the car to rush it to the vet after it ate too many figs. I was relieved when the little guy was okay.

Since I am a dog lover, I especially liked the dog stories. Owning multiple dogs and trying to walk them all can be challenging, as Alan and Lorna found out one day when the big dogs took off and visited the neighbors.

I learned Spanish in high school, and it was interesting to read about all of the "problems" Alan and Lorna had when they used the wrong word. Some of the words in the book were not familiar to me, since my Spanish teacher only taught us the "nice" words. I learned some new Spanish words while reading this book.

Reading about the salsa classes was entertaining. I don't know much about salsa, but it seemed to be very popular in Spain - so popular that another instructor attempted to steal Lorna's idea to start a class.

My favorite parts of the book were the chapters where one of the animals told their version of the events that had just taken place. It is always nice to read about things from a different perspective.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good animal story, especially a story set in Spain. I will be anxiously waiting for the third book in the series!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]