5.0 out of 5 stars A strong, sturdy & safe booster seat that's easy to clean and assemble, 2 May 2011
Length:: 2:39 Mins

The Safety 1st Easy Care Swing Tray Booster Seat is a strong, sturdy and easy to assemble booster seat for infants between the ages of 6 months to around 4 years old, with a maximum infant's weight of 22 kg.

The booster seat is designed to be used solely as a seat for feeding times, instead of using highchairs. We have 14 month old twins and have been using highchairs for the last 8 months or so. However, due to the space that the highchairs take up, we decided to give these booster seats a whirl, in the hope that we could do away with the rather cumbersome and space-dominating highchairs.

Over the last month we have used the booster seats for every meal for both of our little ones. The seats hold the babies in securely, with little to no movements whatsoever from the booster seat once securely strapped on to the chair. Both babies are happy in their new booster seats, thrashing about as they do every now and again, without any problems with the booster seat coming loose or detached in any way.

Putting the infant into the seat is an absolute doddle. Simply unlatch the tray and swing it outwards, then sit the child into the seat, with their legs through the safety straps (this harness is adjustable). That done - swing the tray back, clip it in, and you're good to go.

For children who are old enough to sit at the table without the need for the swing tray, you can simply detach the tray and use the seat simply as a booster seat with the extra security of a harness (although ours aren't old enough for this stage yet, so I can't report on how happy they will be with this). The four 'booster legs' are also adjustable, allowing for three different heights to the booster seat. However, when the tray is removed, a good sized hole is left in the base of the seat which can accumulate bits of food etc. The box and instructions show that a 'plug' should be slotted into this hole to block it, but no such plug was included with either of the booster seats that we purchased. This is a little disappointing.

Cleaning wise, it couldn't be simpler. The whole seat is made from a sturdy polished plastic, so it's incredibly easy to wipe down. The tray section can be easily detached and washed down more thoroughly at a sink (this is what we do). For an even more thorough (guests coming over) clean, the straps can be removed and soaked, to clean off any ingrained food stains. This is a little fiddly and time-consuming, so certainly not something you will be doing all of the time.

The straps that secure the booster seat to the chair are adjustable and fit our dining room chairs perfectly. The straps themselves have quite a good amount of play in their lengths, so will accommodate pretty much any chair size. The booster seat is secured to the chair by a strap underneath and a strap to the chairs back. The straps are clasped in place with strong plastic clasps, meaning that once the correct length of the strap has been determined, the booster seats can be easily removed or replaced within seconds. This is more handy than you would have thought, especially if you have a lot of visitors!

The final big plus point that I must add to this product is its versatility for travelling. No longer do you need to phone ahead to check that a restaurant or hotel has high chairs or something similar (especially when you need two like us). Just unclip your booster seat(s) and away you go. They're pretty much guaranteed to fit any high-backed chairs, and are very compact on their own. Makes for an incredibly convenient and handy piece of travelling kit for those with infants.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Jul 2011 23:06:20 BDT
stevie,niks says:
thanks for the great review ,have been looking at many chairs for my little boy and after reading your review and your video i shall buy this one , hopefully this chair will do the job , many thanks .

Posted on 10 Jul 2011 11:56:12 BDT
supasox says:
Thanks for taking the time to do such a comprehensive review.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2011 10:49:55 BDT
Chris Hall says:
Thanks both.

Yeah, we've found that the booster seats have proven to be really good and sturdy. Our two little ones are still using them, but we had to remove the swing tray a month or two ago because they had already gotten too big for it.

But we're still very happy with them. Hope you both are too.

Posted on 13 Oct 2011 19:00:00 BDT
Ms Ferns says:
I just wanted to thank you both for taking the time out to comprehensively write about and to demonstrate the assembly of this product. I will be purchasing this product once I write to you! We are primarily buying this so that our son can sit and watch some of his favourite programmes! Yes, we allow him an hour a day of his favourite programmes (that is, either Waybaloo or BabyJake or NightGarden!), the joy and expressions on his face are priceless!

We fear that his Fisherprice rocker may give way as he is getting too heavy for it. We were therefore looking for a little safe chair with a harness which would secure him in place for short periods and although this will not rock him, he will feel comfortable as is at a lower level which he will appreciate - under strict supervision of course.

We have two highchairs in our home, one fondly called the "the posh one" The Graco, because it does so much and is easy to clean and the other "the visitor" highchair, for when we visit family and friends - but both of them take up far too much space as your review also mentioned, we are therefore unable to feed him in our lounge come dining room, so this would come in so handy here too!

Thank you so much!

Posted on 13 Dec 2011 14:32:32 GMT
skyesoph says:
Thanks for the great review, it was very helpful and I bought this chair. However, you said there was no plug included to fill in the hole once removing the tray. However, I can see it on the video. It is the yellow oval at the back of the chair. If you look underneath the chair the yellow oval unclips. It wasn't separate to start with so might be overlooked as the separate plug. You've probably already realised this by now, but just in case you haven't, thought I'd let you know!

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 22:47:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Apr 2012 22:50:34 BDT
When you watch the video...check out the distance between the closed tray and back of seat...he does not, have BIG hands,it is a small gap .
I have just measured the gap it is 11 cm at narrowest point and 15cm at widest point of the curve.

Great review but the size should be checked on your child . Otherwise you will like me, end up with an expensive booster seat , hope this helps, Kim

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Aug 2013 09:32:08 BDT
Lily says:
I was interested in your comments about the booster seat. My granddaughter will be with me from Oz over Xmas aged 15 months. Would this seat double as a seat on the floor between meal times. Is this what you referred to in your 2nd paragraph?Thank you.
NLC

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Aug 2013 16:37:45 BDT
Ms Ferns says:
Hi Nancy
Yes, it could double up as a seat, you would just have to remove the tray - unless you want to leave a juice or fruit there for when they sit on the floor with this booster seat. A word of caution though make sure there aren't any sharp objects around where your GD is seated, as if she is anything like my son, she could tip over! So preempting that, I placed him by the sofa so her was cushioned on two sides and placed a large cushion on one of the sides and the back of the booster seat. If that makes sense. Hope this has helped. Just four months to go then!
RF

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2013 09:51:44 BDT
Chris Hall says:
Hi Nancy,
I agree with Ms Ferns (thank you so much for your comments - very helpful). The booster seat could very easily be used as a seat for the floor (I remember that we often strapped ours in them when cutting their hair etc). Also agree that the booster seats can topple over when just placed on the floor and the child leans too far in one partiuclar direction - so always keep an eye on them and be careful of anything placed on the floor nearby (i.e. a cup of tea etc).

But I think you'll find these booster seats are very hard wearing and versatile. Our kids have long outgrown them now - but when we had them, we certainly used them all the time.

Hope that helps,

Chris

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2013 18:32:47 BDT
Lily says:
Thanks for the message Chris. I have bought the seat and tried it out with my neighbour's 21 m0nths old. It was great and all I need now is my 1yr old grand daughter from Oz to use it.
Nancy