5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PIECE OF KIT!, 8 Feb 2010
This review is from: Sumex XSIPODB Rotating Ipod Iphone Mobile Holder In Black (Automotive)
I originally wanted a product that was not iPod related...as I don't happen to own one!
However, I DO own a Creative Zen MX player.
However, (again), there seemed to be no in-car mount for this type of player, (I've even queried this with Creative and they've confirmed this).
In the end, I decided to look at ALL these types of products, regardless of which player it was designed for.
After carefully studying the photos on the advert, I worked out that this product MIGHT just be suitable for my Zen.

Hallelujah! It WAS!

Not only that, but this holder gives you the opportunity to view your player from multiple viewing angles as, apart from up and down, it also rotates, which is really neat.
I should imagine that one can pretty much view most screens that the two 'spring-loaded clamps' (with 4 rubber protective pads/grommets) will hold, and it certainly fits perfectly well in my car's air-vent slots as it was designed to do.

As a bonus, it has a place at the back of the clamps to wrap around your headphones to store them more conveniently when not using, (though I've yet to use this feature).
Also, (and a another feature I REALLY like) is that it also comes with a small stand which can be permanently mounted to a flat surface with the attached adhesive base.
Again, I haven't bothered to use this sticky pad as I don't want it to be a permanent fixture,(in-case I sell the car in future), as I found that the stand (with the clamps and mp3 player attached) will easily stand upright without using the sticky base at all (but not in a moving vehicle, obviously!).
However,I imagine this will depend on the size and weight of your particular player, though it was certainly robust enough to handle the Zen MX!
This now enables me to watch my films or listen to music on a table top in the house, (for example), and therefore leaving me 'hands-free', as with a lot of mp3 players these days, you normally seem to need a lot-more-expensive 'dock' to do this.

If I had one gripe, then it's about the rubber pads on the arms (which clamp to the player and help to protect it against scratches).
These are all too easily removed accidentally when detaching the player. I've had this holder now for just over a month, and today, one of these rubber grommets has fallen off and is now lost.
Not the end of the world, but still slightly irritating.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this product, not just for iPod owners, but for anyone that wants to use their mp3/4 players in the car without too much fuss or expense, (but try and find out if your device will fit in the holder first before you buy)!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Dec 2010 20:13:55 GMT
G. Smith says:
Thanks for the review. I'd agree with all said above, and add that if you are worried about the rubbery pads coming off, take them off, add a drop of superglue inside them and stick them back on. This will stop them from coming off in the future! All the best.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Dec 2010 22:45:53 GMT
You're welcome, hope it helped, and thanks for the superglue tip, I'll use it on the remaining ones then! :)
(The holder is still going strong and is still in daily use..I'm still impressed with it despite the missing rubber grommet).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›