4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
They keep getting better!,
This review is from: Catfights and Spotlights (Audio CD)
Catfights and Spotlights
After the release of 'Girls' I wasn't really expecting a decent album from the girls. I'm glad I've been pleasantly surprised though! My track by track review is below.
1. Girls - One of the worst songs recorded by the 'babes.
2. You On A Good Day - Best song on album and marks a change of direction for the girls.
3. No Can Do - A good, catchy track but nothing special.
4. Hanging On A Star - Like this, it's a grower.
5. Side Chick - Second best on album. Hopefully released as a single.
6. Unbreakable Heart - Heartfelt uptempo ballad, a nice song.
7. Sunday Rain - Good backing music and well-sung lyrics.
8. Every Heart Broken - Uptempo and dancy song.
9. Beware - Third best on album. Possibly a single.
10. Nothing's As Good As You - Pop perfection. A typical 'babes song.
11. Sound Of Goodbye - Steady ballad, nothing special.
12. Can We Call A Truce - Strong track and meaningful lyrics.
13. About You Now (Acoustic) - Nice version. Could be a bit longer.
14. She's A Star - A good collaboration between Taio and the girls.
Overall, a good follow-up to the last year's dismal 'Change'.
I hope the Sugababes continue to make pop music of this kind for years to come. They are the best girlband around at the moment. Carry on girls!