58 of 59 people found the following review helpful
Bulky but brilliant,
This review is from: Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've been protecting my iPhone 4S with this case for a year now. Most people laugh at it - they think that the bulk completely defeats the point of an iphone.
1. I have dropped the phone dozens of times onto concrete floors without any issues. It rattles around the car etc. I have even used it as a drinks coaster.
2. I have spilt drinks on the phone, almost immersing it without issues. I don't even think twice about it getting splattered in rain. (its NOT waterproof, but it provides a lot of protection)
3. The touch screen, buttons and volume of the iphone aren't affected.
4. Under the shell the phone is as new.
1. The rubber means it doesn't slide in and out of pockets.
2. In the middle east the unit got very hot quickly and occasionally (once or twice a month in summer) I got the emergency-overheat iphone screen.
3. The shape of the case means it won't slot down onto a lot of docking stations.
4. It IS bulky.
It's a bargain at this price. I use mine 24/7 but even if I fancied using the naked phone I would definitely buy one for outdoors work and holidays.
When I upgrade to another phone it will be the first thing I look for.