3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to set up, has real potential, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Ultrasport GPS Bike Computer NavBike 400 (Sports)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm reviewing this partly on what it is doing but also on what it should be capable of once some issues are fixed.

Like other reviewers my review sample didn't include the heart monitor that we believed was going to be included. However I did get a separate one to review so I was hoping the two would work together and that would solve the issue. Unfortunately partly due to poor instructions and partly probably my lack of technical prowess I can't get them to chat. I don't know if they will ever work together but as things stand I can't make it happen.

So, poor instructions aside with a bit of persistence you can get it working and it does provide a potential wealth of helpful info for your bike training. The GPS tracks well and the computer software I set up with little issue. First time use was a bit tricky again thanks to the instructions, but once over that hurdle it is perfectly useable. It just isn't as intuitive or useable as one would like.

Build is, like the heart monitor, solid and it feels of good quality. I fully expect this would take a few knocks and drops and not be bothered. Obviously I'm not keen to test it!

Overall then, if Ultrasport can address the instructions and user friendliness then the rest of the package looks good. At present I can't give it higher than 3 stars whilst it feels restricted.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Jun 2014 11:03:53 BDT
(MANUFACTURERS)

Hello Mark,

Thank you for this product review.

We are sorry to learn that you are not fully happy with this bike computer.

We are always glad to receive feedback from our customers, which we like to take into account for the regular modifications our products are subject to. We'll be happy to pass your remarks on to our development staff for future reference.

As regards the Ultrasport bluetooth HRM chest strap you tried to use with this unit, you're not going to have any luck: The two are not compatible. This, we regretfully admit, you had no way of knowing after studying the product pages for both items here on Amazon UK, which are still incomplete.

If you were looking for a HRM strap to work with your NavBike, the 2.4 GHz version would have been the one to go for: Ultrasport 2.4 GHz chest strap for NavBike 400/NavRun 600

Sometimes, when new products are introduced to Amazon, misunderstandings and delays can happen between us as manufacturers and members of the Amazon team. Amazon has already been provided with the full and correct bullet points and descriptive texts for all three articles, we are merely waiting for them to update the product pages within the next hours or days.

Unfortunately we have no possibility to contact you directly. But if you have further questions or suggestions, you are welcome to contact our service team. You could either use the contact form at www.ultrasport.net or send an email to service.uk@ultrasport.net.

Thank you once more for your input!

Kind regards,
Your Ultrasport Team

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jun 2014 11:20:36 BDT
Mark H says:
Thanks for the quick reply and for clearing up those questions. I am at least glad it wasn't my incompetent operation that stopped the two items communicating.

I'm sure once Amazon have the new info up and the literature in the packaging improves that these will be very useful items.

Thanks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.0 out of 5 stars (7 customer reviews)

£149.99 £91.99