9 of 10 people found the following review helpful
Big Changes for Better Gaming,
This review is from: Madden NFL 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
To start with I am no Madden fanboiy having been left frustrated by Madden 11, but this game is freaking awesome so far! In summary
- The new hitting AI looks, feels and responds amazingly...when a player gets hit they bounce around, stumble, trip or if you are getting hit my Ray Lewis totally cleaned out! You can also get the big hits with the DBs when the WRs try and make a catch...its very satisfying and a few replays have been saved!
- The new defence AI also seems to be more intelligent with players swarming to the ball or catching out the fake and trick plays...needsless to say its tougher to fool the defence for a better experience.
- Offensive line blocking is better with bandits and blitz being picked up better. The amount of times my RB cut on rushing linebackers has saved my QBs ass countless times
- The pre game graphics are pretty cool with a view into the stadium before kick off
- Its cool that in Franchise mode you can make all the cuts to trim your squad down the 53 roster maximum
- The product placement is not as annoying nor blatant...no more OLD SPICE BODY WASH!!
However my biggest grip is the commentary still SUCKS. Come on EA...Fifa's is awesome how can you not transfer over the same technology. I have been told my CB got toasted on a 2 yard play so many times I wanna tell Collinsworth to shove it up where the sun dont shine.
Overall I am very happy with this game and predict many hours of gaming to come!