1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Sweet with a Sting,
This review is from: The Beekeeper (Audio CD)
I've owned this album for a whole two days as I write this, and can already say with full confidence it will be a cherished album on my shelf, played often until it is scratched and worn out. This is the type of CD you fight over when going through a break-up. Although it is not as instantly striking as Scarlet's Walk, is an album full of songs that mix well together, but would equally do well as stand alone singles. Below are a few songs I think really stand out.
1. Parasol: This is a lovely sweet song, a perfect opener. I think it sets the tone of the album perfectly.
2. Sweet the Sting: Reminds me of a relationship. The type you know isn't right for you, but still feels good
3. The Power of Orange Knickers: When I first heard this, I didn't like it. However after a few plays I have begun to hear how well matched Tori and Damien's voices are on this lovely little song.
4. Jamaica Inn: I adore this song. I think it is so uplifting, and the music is incredibly unique.
6. Sleeps with Butterflies: Another favourite of mine. I think this song describes being in love perfectly. The real type of love where trust begins to kick in.
8. Mother Revolution: An wonderfully bitter sweet song that sounds like it belongs to Scarlet's Walk.
13. Ireland: A wonderful cheerful little song, with obviously Irish sounds to accompany it.
14. The Beekeeper: My absolute favourite from the album. I can't really put my finger on why, but I just think it's super.
17. Goodbye Pisces: A song which describe perfectly the feelings you shouldn't feel, but do, after a particularly sad break-up.
19. Toast: A beautiful song. Leaves you feeling slightly sad, yet also slightly happy at the same time. Incredibly touching.