5.0 out of 5 stars Spend a bit more and get this., 25 Aug 2010
This review is from: Bamix Deluxe Hand Held Food Processor, Red Metallic, 160 watts (Kitchen & Home)
You won't regret your purchase if you choose to buy the Bamix, it can do a lot more than the cheaper ones. Don't be fooled into thinking that more accessories equals more functions, this gadget does the lot with only 3 tiny blades, a small grinder and a stand. I have replaced my food processor, blender. grinder and hand mixer with all the attachments for each- a whole cupboard full of tat- with this one simple, powerful and versatile tool which sits neatly and handily on the kitchen side. Having a very small kitchen with limited storage, it's worth the money just to gain a whole cupboard back!

This mixer will make hummus of any thickness which would certainly burn out the motor on most cheaper ones, even those with a high wattage, this one at a measly 160 watts is powerful enough to mush beans as well as being a lot faster than most mixers/ blenders and the lower wattage saves energy as well. The grinder is excellent on it, I have used it for spices and flax seeds and it does a great job, especially as you can easily shake the stuff you're grinding as the whole thing is so small, my old grinder was about the same capacity, but stood on top of a large food processor base it was a bit of a game to shake it! It also makes excellent smooth batter, froths milk (even soya milk) and blends soups in the pan and has a thousand other uses.

The only thing it doesn't do that a food processor does is grating and slicing but there is an attachment, the 'Slicesy', which you can buy separately if you need it.

The very best thing about this is that you can use it in the mixing bowl, the pan, the beaker you are already using and there is hardly any washing up. You can just run the Bamix under the tap whereas a blender/ food processor/ hand mixer all have lots of fiddly bits and pieces to wash after using them. Of course these benefits are true of any hand blender but not all are good enough to replace your normal blender, mixer and food processor whereas the Bamix is.

I have bought lots of useless kitchen gadgets over the years only to leave them, unused, in the kitchen cupboard when it turned out to be more hassle to drag it out and wash it all afterwards than to do things the old fashioned way. This is certainly where this gadget excels beyond any I have bought because it is so handy and will get used every day.

It pained me to pay so much for this gadget at the time, I am a very frugal person and like to find bargains, but I somehow knew that I wouldn't last long with a cheaper one. After using it I am so glad I spent the extra money as I can see this getting many years of daily use in my kitchen. I can easily justify the cost if I think of the money I save making my own food rather than buying ready made or eating out!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Apr 2013 13:35:21 BDT
maryrose says:
Dear Mrs Reynolds, thank you very much for your review. It was very useful for me to know that you are satisfied with the Bamix for frothing non dairy milk and for grinding flaxseeds and these are the two main reasons I bought my machine. Having just splashed out to replace my mixer and food processor I hesitated a lot when I saw the demonstration for the Bamix Swiss line yesterday at the Ideal home show and it took us few hours of coming and going before we finally bought it. I was very much impressed by how much froth was achieved in the demonstration and gambled with this one hoping it will froth rice milk I am even going to try and make rice milk ice cream, wish me luck:)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (165 customer reviews)

£112.00 £99.95