ARRAY(0xa92c29c0)

1.0 out of 5 stars Manager Mode crashes ruin this game, 3 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
The game itself is great - I think it's very smooth, enjoyed playing through a couple of seasons on Manager mode and the transfer & youth systems are much better this year (not a massive fan of the online play anyway, too many people quitting halfway through the game...)

However, the game now crashes constantly when I open up manager mode. Every time I have to turn off the PS3 and spend 5 mins reloading, I'm now worried if it'll do permanent damage to my PS3 if it keeps happening.

Google these crashes and you'll see they're happening to everyone. It's just not acceptable to take people's money year in year out and expect customers to tolerate a half-finished game that hasn't been thoroughly tested. It's also not acceptable to basically ignore the fact it's happening and not respond to people's complaints.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Nov 2012 00:52:50 GMT
Hey- Your coment really had me hesitating getting this lol.
Can you verify that it still happens? and is your ps 3 updated and all?
and do u know if they fixed the problems?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2012 19:01:20 GMT
D. Turner says:
It has never happened to me.. I'd go for it anyway mate :)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2012 19:12:15 GMT
hah ok. thx for ur response but I think ill be hesitating for a while from this one as im shocked of how many 1 stars and complaints it has got here on Amazon and everywhere else in general. :)
I think they should wait for every two years to make their games. If that gives better games with fewer bugs its worth it and u then have time to enjoy that released fifa (fxample fif 12) But no they need to squeeze the lemonjuice every year ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2012 19:48:23 GMT
D. Turner says:
Yep lots of developers rush games to get them out yearly or for the months coming up to Christmas. Either I got lucky or I am oblivious to the buggyness! Anyway no harm in waiting, the price should come down a bit too so xD

Posted on 28 Nov 2012 12:42:27 GMT
Steven V.M. says:
Even though you are right, they're not "taking" your money year in year out. You've chosen to give EA your money year in year out, no matter what the quality of this game is.

Fifa keeps releasing games of poor quality, which they've chosen to do by deciding to release anually, and people just keeps buying them. If you want EA to care more about their fans and even their games, you should just stop buying it.

If a couple million people give you 50 quid every year, no matter what, would you listen to what they have to say?

Anyway, just my two cents on a horrible company.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2012 14:56:47 GMT
- Steven V.M.
yea I can see that. And I appreciate your opinion. I also think they dont care as long as they can see lots of money are pouring in. But maybe if they had stronger competition than lame PES that would make them up themself a notch or two?
however ur right money talks. By the way you criticize the company and the game yet you bought it or am I wrong?

Posted on 30 Dec 2012 16:15:57 GMT
JB says:
Hi guys, sorry to take a while to respond - dont check this much.

Arthur Carico - this was corrected in a recent update so the problem is now gone. I still stand by the 1 star though, as the game shouldn't be released in the state it was. However it's still great fun to play!!

D. Turner - yep I think you were on of the lucky ones :) it didn't seem to affect a few people, but it did the majority.

Steven V.M. - when I say 'take' people's money, obviously I don't literally mean seize the money from them...I know I gave them the money willingly. What I meant was that it is unacceptable is for them to accept money for a product that they know is not up to scratch and definitely contains serious bugs, whilst asking the paying public to be their beta testers. It would not be tolerated in other markets, but appears to be rife in the computer game market at the moment (and in particular with EA).

And you're absolutely right - I fully intend not to buy next year's FIFA until I know that the bugs have been fixed (will follow the community discussion boards) and the price has dropped - I won't be paying full price on the release date like I have the last couple of years!!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2013 12:26:52 GMT
JP says:
This happened to me frequently, ended up trading it in, first time it happened was last day of the season with dortmund, it froze , so deleted my full save and started again, same thing happened halfway through my united season

Posted on 19 Jan 2013 11:12:44 GMT
JokerJawz says:
sign this petition on change.org on google (without spaces) type fifa 13 on it should come up with a bunch of fifa petitions, its the seventh one down that says in title 'patch FIFA 13' hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (479 customer reviews)

54.99 9.49