3.0 out of 5 stars Okay compilation, but...., 10 Mar 2010
This review is from: Now That's What I Call The 00's (Audio CD)
As the previous reviewer said, though this box set's billed as being the biggest and best hits from 2000-2009, it's rather heavily weighted towards the more recent hits.

Disk 1 I think is almost entirely 2009, not that I'm complaining, as it was for a number of tracks on Disk 1 that I actually bought the album. Highlights include Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face', Katy Perry and 'I kissed a girl', Coldplay's 'Viva la Vida', and Razorlight's 'America'. Oh, and of course we mustn't forget Take That's 'Shine' (arrgh! I can't believe I'm actually admitting in public that I like a Take That track!)

Disk 2 I'd say is a little more broad in spectrum, but again, very heavily weighted towards the second half of the decade. Maybe it's just my taste in music, but to be honest, Disk 2 lacks anything very interesting really with the exception of Tony Christie still trying to find his way to Amarillo, and James Blunt's 'You're Beautiful' (yeah, I do actually like James Blunt, so shoot me!)

Disk 3 on the other hand tends towards the earlier part of the decade, and has what I'd consider a nice mix of classix tracks from the 00's. Highlights include Robbie Williams and 'Rock DJ', Kylie's 'Can't get you out of my head', Britney Spears 'Ooops!...I did it again', Mel C and 'I turn to you', and of course the annoyingly-catchy-can't-get-it-out-of-your-head Spiller feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor (is it just me that's old enough to remember when her mum used to present Blue Peter?) and 'Groovejet(If this ain't love)' which fair takes me back it does....ah!

Slight technical problem with Disks 2 and 3, and Windows Media Player picks up totally the wrong track listings for the two disks - no idea what it thought it was playing, but it weren't the right one! That little problem I managed to solve by ripping the CDs to the music library using the organiser software that came with my MP3 player, which uses the Gracenote database for media information rather than the Microsoft database. Whether it's just my computer or the disks I got I don't know, but it's not an insurmountable problem. If you can't use an alternate database to the WMP one, of course you can always edit the track listing details manually if necessary, though that's a bit of a pain.

[Add comment]