5.0 out of 5 stars Solid & reliable suite of tools, 23 Oct. 2011
This review is from: TuneUp Utilities 2012, 3 User License (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought TuneUp Utilities 2011 from Amazon 6 months ago, and recently received an early-bird discount from TuneUp to upgrade to this new 2012 release - I am glad I did!

It has much the same tabbed user interface which is clean and easy to use and further help information is easy to find. All the optimising you need to do is all found and managed on one tab, but the Status & Recommendation tab, which is the homepage, will tell you the current state of optimisation and if any tasks need carried out. I like the way this page has a progress bar guiding you through the unused potential of the program to help you optimise the system.

I really like the new Economy Mode, which like the Turbo Mode, is completely customisable. I like having the ability to easily switch between economy, normal and turbo mode to suit my usage at the time. Program Deactivator has been brilliant in this version too, and has trimmed a lot off my boot time and helped me find the resource hogs on system load.

All the maintenance and tweaking I ever want to do is all in one place and it is easy to use. I have not had any faults, errors or any kind of issue with either the 2011 version, or this 2012 version which I have been playing with for 10 days now.

I am not particularly fussed about the Customise Windows tab, as I am happy with how I have Windows 7, but if you like these types of customising toys, there are dozens and dozens of options to modify windows settings and change Windows appearance so you can tweak to your heart's content!

Overall, it was a trouble-free install; it's a solid, reliable build and it's easy to use. Superb program deserving of 5 stars!

** Update **
This second-generation of Program Deactivator really is brilliant - "Phase II Reactivates programs whenever they're needed in a matter of seconds NEW! Phase III automatically switches programs back to "sleep" mode". Nearly every program I install wants to run at Startup, regardless of whether I need it to. Phase II works when either plugging in a USB device that wakes a program, or by manually starting the program. Once you are finished with it, TuneUp either deactivates it at the time, if it can, or at next reboot. So, cheeky programs can't force themselves to be running all the time again. This really is keeping my laptop running faster.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]