4.0 out of 5 stars READ CAMERA REVIEWS. Not a bad camera, but not a great one, 26 Feb 2012
This review is from: Samsung PL210 Digital Camera - Black (14.2MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)
First thing - READ camera REVIEWS. Apart from having a go yourself, it's the only way to get an idea of what a camera will be like to use. At least SKIM READ this and some others pleeeease :)

I'm not really sure how to review this camera. I've had it a few months now and used it quite a lot but still not sure if I really like it.

The one very annoying negative is that it takes ages to take a photo. It can be very irritating when you have people posing for a photo and you're there holding down the shutter button for ages. This could be because it's on 'auto' a lot and so needs to do lots of configuring before taking a shot but I've never had a camera that has such a lag, and I think if you had a play with one it'd be a big turn off for you. When looking to buy a camera I was in a rush because I wanted one for Christmas and this one had good credentials at a very discounted price so I ignored the person who mentioned the lag, and now I wish I didn't (NB it only really does this when the flash is needed so if you're not gonna take any pictures in the dark, unlike me who got the camera to document nights out, it would be fine).

On the other hand, the camera does take nice pictures, especially in daylight where it is clear, bright and responsive.

I also love the smart filters, such as 'fish eye' (which is great fun) and the different colour effects.

There are some other cool settings too (like 'beauty shot', which smooths skin tone and uses face detection) although I don't really get round to sing a lot of these. It also takes nice video in different sizes and again with good filters.

The added extras like the filters and in-camera editing do make a difference - I didn't think they mattered and that I wouldn't use them when I bought the camera but they're good!

The camera does live up to it's credentials too - the zoom is very clear and great, the pictures are of a high quality.

Lastly, the camera works well, is fairly easy to use, a good design and size and the battery has been really impressive for me, going ages without dying - a lot longer than any other camera I've had.

So yeah, it's a nice little camera but not perfect so shop around before you buy it - I don't know much about cameras and it's hard to judge stuff like this without having a play so read the reviews and maybe go to a camera shop to make sure you get the best camera for you money. I'm pleased with what I've got with this camera, but I think with the money I spent I could've been a little happier!!

I'm a 19 year old Brit female who takes arty pictures for fun and everyday ones for prosperity - I would think twice before recommending this camera to friend.... and then probably recommend something else / suggest they splash out a bit and get something that;s more enjoyable and takes noticeably better photos.

Maybe I'll review after a year of use and see how it's going then!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]