5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone and an excellent price., 18 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Huawei Ascend P1 black (Electronics)
I got this phone through my provider, not on here, but I think it deserves a good review anyway. People need to be aware that the Samsung Galaxy and iPhone aren't the only smartphones out there.

I went into my local phone shop and picked the P1 after looking at and testing several phones. I instantly really liked it. Good size but not too heavy, great bright HD display and the bonus of having the "unedited" Android OS meant that everything was very easily navigable and also customisable. I had learned how to use the phone within a day. I got it in November and it's still fine now in June so I'm really very pleased.

Pros:

Extremely affordable compared to other best selling brands.
FANTASTIC battery life for a smartphone - depending on usage I can get 2 days out of it. With moderate usage, a day and a half and with high usage 1 day.
Great sound quality in the on-board MP3 player.
Totally customisable home screen.
Comes with great sound bites for texts and notifications etc (I tended to find my previous BlackBerry to have the most annoying sounds)
Very sturdy. I'm very clumsy and in the first week I had it knocked out of my hand across a car park AND dropped it into a bath full of water. No visible damage or lasting effects whatsoever.
The camera is great - really good quality again when compared to my previous BlackBerry phone. There is also a switch around so you can take photos with a lens located on the front of the phone (I tend to use this as a mirror...)
Really fast reboot time.
Fast charge time (a couple of hours)

Cons:

There is slight screen burn coming up where the keypad is, but this is an extremely common trend with Amoled screen types.
I will occasionally drop calls if the screen is live and my cheek presses the very large "end call" button.
Sometimes the text messaging program bugs out and texts won't display properly, or the text I am typing won't display so I can't see what I'm sending. These problems rectify themselves with a quick reboot, however.
Occasionally when I have music playing the phone freezes, but essentially "catches up" after a few seconds.

All in all, I will definitely be investing in Huawei's phones in the future. I have several friends who have bought HTC, Samsung Galaxy or iPhone smartphones and all seem to break extremely easily or the battery loses its integrity over a very short period of time. I have had none of these issues with my Huawei and I look forward to renewing my contract next year with Huawei.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]