1.0 out of 5 stars It blew up!, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: AnkerŪ 40W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Wall Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, Mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, 3, Tab 4, 3, 2, Pro, HTC One (M8), Google Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, External Battery, PS Vita, Gopro and more (White) (Electronics)
First time I plugged it in there was a loud bang from the unit. Something blowing up inside the white box.
Returned for refund.
Reading other reviews I see that only two days ago another Amazon customer 'AitkenNick' left a review saying exactly the same happened to him. Sounds like a defective batch being sent out by Amazon.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jan 2014 22:46:39 GMT
AitkenNick says:
When mine blew it was loud enough and bright enough to make me drop the unit. I honestly thought that I had a 110/240V unit that I had not looked how to switch across.
Annoyed that I have to wait till Amazon receive it back before I get my refund.

Posted on 21 Jan 2014 08:57:24 GMT
AnkerDirect says:
Dear customer,

Thanks for leaving us the review and letting us know the problem.

Based on your description, we are afraid the charger you received is manufacturing defective. Although we work hard to ensure high quality standards through multiple quality checks, we regrettably still come across defective products occasionally. We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience it caused to you!

Please email us at support@ianker.com with your Amazon order # and review if there is anything else we can do for you. We always stand behind our product.

Thank you for your kind understanding on this matter.

Anker Team
1-800-988-7973
support@ianker.com
Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm(pst)

Posted on 22 Feb 2014 15:13:14 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Feb 2014 09:52:22 GMT
AitkenNick says:
No. I'm not reviewing Amazon's return policy. I'm reviewing the product, the product failed on first use, therefore the review of the PRODUCT was not good. The review of the supplier is about how they handle returns.

I would have thought that the whole PRODUCT review name gave it away!

Posted on 14 Apr 2014 06:10:24 BDT
Stemcgoo says:
I agree a single faulty device is not worthy of negative feedback unless Amazon or the seller refuse to remedy the problem.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›