53 of 53 people found the following review helpful
Important. Ignore early reviews.,
This review is from: EchoStar HDS-600RS SlingLoaded TV Anywhere Freesat+ HD digital TV recorder (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Just a quick update for anyone considering buying one now. I would ignore early reviews as software updates have made them redundant. The latest software is v121R (only available via internet at time of writing as its new).
1. It has never missed a recording.
2. No harder to use than when you first got your Sky+ (remember?)
3. The remote is fine (although I use "Logitech Harmony 600" for controlling everything).
4. Sling works very well.
5. It will only get better as Echostar release future updates.
6. Unusual design, but looks fine under my TV. (lights can now be dimmed and it can be made silent in standby)
7. Read the manual as most of the things people have issues with can be changed in the settings!
8. Would I buy it all over again, Yes. At £179.99 there is just nothing to compete. Humax old/outdated/more expensive. Samsung more expensive/not as good.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Oct 2012 19:49:05 BDT
Hope you don't mind my asking, and sorry to sound ignorant, but do you get things like BBC iplayer and catch up on demand with this? Am currently weighing up whether to give up a Virgin subscription and any advice would be really appreciated.
Posted on 21 Dec 2013 15:50:48 GMT
Just wondered if you know which dongle to buy for the slingload function? Is it compatible with this for example? Daffodil LAN02 USB Wireless Internet Adapter N - Very High Speed Wireless 802.11N (Draft 2.0) Standard for up to 300Mbps, Compatible with IEEE802.11g & 802.11b with WPA/WPA2 Network Access and Data Security Protection
‹ Previous 1 Next ›