4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Headphones - but not quite perfect, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Creative Sound Blaster EVO Zx Bluetooth NFC Headphones with iOS Android App control for Built-in Audio Processing and mic (works with PS4) (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was pleasantly surprised by these headphones after being sceptical as to how they would compare to the standard headphones (ones around about the 20 mark). There is definitely a difference in sound quality compared to what I am used and all the added features make these a great pair of headphones. However, given the price this would be expected and these headphones will certainly not be to everyone's liking. Let's go through what I like and dislike about them:

THE GOOD
- The sounds quality is great. I do not have much experience with expensive headphones so can't compare with that but the difference between these and a normal pair is very noticeable.
- The headphones look well made and not `cheap' and the lights on the side blend in well with the headphones.
- I have my headphones paired with my android phone via Bluetooth and connecting is extremely easy (I do not have an NFC device so have not been able to connect using that).
- The wireless works great and has a fairly good range - I have been a room away and had no problems. There is also a headphone cable if you would prefer not to be wireless.
- The Android (and IPhone) app works well and shows you the battery on the headphones and has other features like allowing you to switch Surround Sound on or off.
- Battery life of the headphones seems quite good (easily a couple of hours or more) and does not take long to charge via USB.

THE BAD
- While the headphones look well-made quite often when I've been wearing them and move my head a bit I can hear loud creaking from the joints in the headphones - this is mildly annoying and not something I would expect (perhaps mine are just a bit dodgy?) but it does not occur all the time.
- Personally, I am not overly fond of the bright red colour. These are great inside my house but I would probably not wear them outside mainly because they are very bright. I acknowledge some people will love the look but it is just not for me.
- One of the features of these headphones is that they can be paired to two Bluetooth devices at once (say if you had a phone and an Ipad so that you can switch between them easily). I did this with my laptop and my phone but as my laptop has a bluetooth mouse I have the Bluetooth on permanently and ran in to a lot of difficulties trying to connect instead to my phone. In the end I just unpaired my laptop as it was not worth all the trouble. I understand this would not be an issue for most people and it works fine if you only have the Bluetooth of one device on but it was still annoying and there was no clear way to choose which device you wanted to be connected to.

Overall, I am very pleased with the headphones and would recommend, however they are definitely far from perfect and would not suit everyone.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]