ARRAY(0xa587f390)

4.0 out of 5 stars I've put this watch on and completely forgotten about it..., 21 April 2010
This review is from: Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Skyhawk A-T Titanium Watch #JY0010-50E (Watch)
...except when I check the time!

For me, it's not the fancy world times. Don't get me wrong it was fun playing with this, but I'll use this once (twice if I'm lucky) a year to go on holiday. Even then I've got kids so the amount of exotic places I might go where this is actually useful will be few, since I can generally manage to add or take away a couple of hours. It would have been really useful in my wandering days, but that alas is a few years ago (or away hopefully).

Anyway you don't want to know that, you want to know what I think of it.

Well I don't have to think about batteries, which was my number one criteria, since I have a collection of really nice watches which nolonger go and aren't possible, practical or economic to have the batteries replaced.

Because it is titanium, it's light and comfortable and I hardly notice it's on, which was my number two criteria. Added to that it seems to be very resilient, this is a bonus for someone as clumsy as me.

Also I don't have to worry about it being the right time when I look at it, because the radio updates work brilliantly. This was a nice to have, but I'm glad I got it now. It's particularly galling to a friend who has a kinetic watch which cost more than my car, weighs nearly as much and has to be adjusted too regularly for his liking. Not to mention having to have it overhauled every few years, for a small fortune.

As suggested I'd have bought a cheaper watch with less features but the same quality. Because of the functionality the watch face is too busy for my needs. But I think the dials make it look interesting, it is still a pretty watch which tells the time and date clearly. The other options on the market which satisfied my criteria don't have good reviews and didn't seem to offer the same quality and where still quite expensive. I simply don't want to have to buy another watch after this one. So I am very happy with the watch, but it loses one star for me because of the price. That said, it is Citizen and I'm told they are bomb proof so I might just come back and put that star back in ten years if it's still perfect and turns out to be good value after all.

[Add comment]