49 of 61 people found the following review helpful
No more trouser trumpets!,
This review is from: Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way (Hardcover)
This is a good book created by savvy nutritional cooks. There are 3 differences between this book, and most other healthy books on the market. Here they are;
(1) Recipes work. And are deeply tasty. Sounds like an obvious point for a cookbook, but you would be surprised how many recipe books are ill constructed.
(2) Photographs are inspired. If healthy eating is difficult for you, the photos will encourage you to eat well. They're on your team!
(3) Recipes don't cause gas and wind/trouser trumpets, usually associated with healthy eating. This sounds funny but is an important point if you want to stick to a healthy regime or persuade your family to stick to it.
The most useful part is the beginning the alkaline diet is explained. Very simple and effective (especially if you are menopausal or suffer from arthritis).
If the authors are reading this, well done ladies. A few cheeky suggestions for your next book? (which I shall definitely buy)
(1) Less exclamation marks? (!!!!)
(2) The description of your book on the inside sleeve is very average. You deserve a better write-up. Had I read this before the purchase, I would have returned it to the shelf. The words 'delicious' and 'mouth watering' will make any foodie cringe.
(3) The Chocolate Superfood Ganache looks superb, but unless you're Gwyneth Paltrow or Madonna, affording the LITRE of agave and 25quids worth of raw cacao will be problematic. I found the quantities for some other desserts equally painful to the pocket. But that's just me. I'm on a budget with 2 babies.
Wishing you both continued success.