5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant phone for the price and unbeatable value!, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Moto G 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
Got given this as a gift and am very happy with it. I actually sold my S3 to use this little beaut instead. First off, I have to say that Google and Motorola have done very well with this phone and have managed to fit so many good features into this phone for such a small price compared to many other competitors in the market at the moment.

Positives:

- Battery life is amazing. When I first charged the phone, it took 1h and 45mins and lasted me 2 days and 2 hours and that's with the general texting, calling, internet browsing as well as a bit of gaming. Now, I have to say this is much better than my S3. When I first bought my S3, it used to take around 2/3/4 hours to charge fully and would approximately last me a day or a day and a half. It then started deteriorating and took even longer to charge - from 4/5 hours to 7/8 hours and the battery drained more quickly and I would only get a day's use on average; even though my phone was absolutely fine and there was nothing actually wrong with it.

- The processor is fast and speedy. Now, obviously, the S3's processor is probably slightly better but I've actually found that my Moto G is faster sometimes. General internet browsing or playing games etc or watching videos etc work just fine. Multitasking is a breeze too.

- Camera is pretty good considering it's 5MP. On most of the reviews that I've read, many people were saying that amongst a few other things, one of the sacrifices that Motorola and Google had to make to reduce the cost of the phone for us consumers was to only give us a 5MP camera. Now, to that I say, they actually did well enough to even give us a camera let alone a 5MP camera. I'm actually pretty pleased with how the camera manages to take good, decent enough photos. I've turned on my HDR mode as I read on trustedreviews that enabling it helps take better photos even though it takes a few seconds longer to actually take the photo - and that is true. Even video recording is pretty good so the quality of the photos and video playbacks are apt indeed.

- Call and text quality are just as you'd expect them to be. I've not had any issues.

- Motorola have a few pretty unique features like Assist etc. One of them is the 'Help' app. Now, if you click on that, you can chat live to a Motorola customer service agent or speak to them by calling them if you need to. I think that's pretty cool and actually very handy in that you don't have to look online and worry about what's wrong with your phone if anything. They are very helpful, attentive and informative.

Negatives:

- Storage might be an issue for some. The 8GB might have something like 4-5.5GB of user space available. The 16GB, to those who want to know, has 12.92 GB of user space available. When I first started the phone, I was hoping I would have at least over 13GB but I wasn't crying over that. Personally, the storage isn't a big issue but if you are quite space hungry, then you might need to reconsider and have a look at your options again (although you don't have to, the G's perfect for you!).

Overall, then, I think you can imagine that I am a very happy customer. I've been so impressed with the Moto G that I have no regrets of getting rid of my Samsung. In fact, I would go on to say that the Moto G performs better than the S3 in some aspects (S3's camera might beat the Moto G but for the 5MP camera that you do get, it does perform quite well).

Go ahead - you won't regret buying it. Easily the best phone available at the moment under 200!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]