5.0 out of 5 stars I just cannot criticise this one bit..., 5 July 2013
This review is from: Mosqui-go Duo Plug In Insect Repellent for European Use (Personal Care)
This item being a little pricy on first purchase (in comparison to more traditional mosquito killing methods), I was slow to purchase it.
Being a reular traveller to the South of France in our little caravan, I well know the misery of waking up in the morning only to find myself bitten to death.
In the past I have tried everything from swatting them (not easy, as they are clever buggers that actually seem hide in rooms & bide their time until people are asleep) to the usual deet wipes, sprays and candles.
The wipes do protect the area you wipe, but always smell really strong & you can actually feel the stuff on your skin (even taste it if you are eating)
To make things worse, I am just one of those people who seem to attract them.
I therefore purchased the Mosqui-Go for a thirty day holiday expecting anything from mediocre performance to a complete flop...
And what can I say? It DOES work & does so in a way that it is easy to forget that you are living amongst the beasts at all! It is also completely odourless in operation (I thought it would stink).
Being a cheapskate, I only plugged the device in early evening and then unplugged it in the morning (as it seemed a waste of the insecticide to keep it on when we were out all day). This showed the "lasts 30-days" manufacturers boast to be totally legitimate, as after four weeks there was over half of the insecticide left.
I know that it was doing its job, as when we came in of an evening (with loads outside) we would see the ocassional critter on the caravan ceiling, only for them to "disappear" within an hour or so. We did find the odd dead one later on cleaning the caravan, but I firmly believe they actually find the atmosphere created by the device unpleasant & do seem to vacate the living space quickly should they initially make the mistake of getting in. To this end, we became more confident about leaving windows & door to the caravan open (despite their obvious presence outside).
One campsite we stayed was absolutely HIDEOUS for the little devils (being near a large lake), and we found that if we even stayed still outside for a few seconds, they would alight & start feeding on us.
I still got bitten when sat outside, but during night-time when we were in the caravan ("Mosqui witching hour") they never bit either of us despite every usual opportunity to get into the caravan as we entered/exited the caravan & through cracks in blinds (the windows being fully open in the 30 degree heat).
In short, this is a fabulous & 100% reliable method of protecting your personal living space (at least) from the blighters.
Don't forget to get a euro conversion plug too (£1 delivered from another four-letter-word auction site) if using it for your UK caravan or via any UK plug power source.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]