5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the Doxie family, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Doxie Flip - Cordless Flatbed Photo & Notebook Scanner w/ Removable Lid (Office Product)
I've had the Doxie Go for over two years and I've had nothing but praise for it. It's used every week to scan at least part of my inbound post.

When the Flip came out I could see a use for myself for scanning in meeting notes made on paper and getting them saved as PDFs at work (I'm not permitted to use say Penultimate and upload straight into Evernote).

I've found a combination of a Rhodia A5 notebook, decent pen plus this has been fantastic. Set at the lower resolution, the scans are incredibly quiet (useful in libraries to save on photocopy money where you're allowed to), and pretty fast. It slows down and gets slightly noisier with the higher res setting, but nothing too onerous. I've left it at the higher setting.

I've held off a review until I tried out the stitch feature, which I can say works a treat. I've only tried it on my handwritten notes, but should make no difference to a photo/image. The stitching took a while (this was only for two images (i.e. one page of my A5 notebook) but worked perfectly. For me at least I'll be able to scan in and end up with evenly sized PDF pages. I'd imagine it being a lengthy process for a bigger image, possibly on a faster/larger memory computer, this may be less of an issue.

If you plan on taking this places, the case is a must. Pity there's no bundle discount to buy together but perhaps that will come later. It's plastic-like so I'm not sure how it would stand up in a bag with the usual bag-belongings without one..

Lastly the software. Bit confusing to "set up a new Doxie" when you already have one but it must identify the model by the image (probably embedded in the EXIF) as it's happily imported images from both the Go and the Flip on the same machine.

Another winner from Apparent although i think this will be more niche, mostly for family tree/historian types and odd ones like me who scan in paper notes.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Feb 2014 19:06:32 GMT
Greetings from Apparent Corporation,

I'm really happy to hear that you are enjoying your Doxie Flip. We really enjoy hearing feedback from our customers about how they are using our products, Scanning your notes from meetings and using it in the library are just a few of the uses out there, I hope you take a moment to try it with photos, magazines, and other things!

AutoStitch seamlessly combines multiple overlapping scans by matching their identical features. The speed at which AutoStitch processes will depend on the size of the scans you are stitching together and your computer's processor.

Doxie's software also knows which Doxie produced your scan so setup up a new Doxie is as easy as importing your scans.

We see Doxie Flip as a more a a new kind of scanner for creativity and history and not just for niche markets. Everyone can be creative in their own ways. From birthday cards, paper notes, wooden tabletops, pocket notebooks, photo collages to simple take-out menus and more, Doxie Flip can scan it. Your imagination is the only limit!

My team is here and happy to help if you have any questions.

Regina