5.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit, 30 Sep 2008
This review is from: Polaroid PoGo Digital Photo Printer with Zero Ink (Zink) Technology (Electronics)
I ordered one of these having played with a friend's. I was a little concerned by some of the reviews here, but I'd seen one in the flesh, as it were, so was pretty sure it'd be OK. As often happens I found a lot of the negative comments to be wrong or not to be deal breakers (for me).

I've been really impressed with the Pogo so far, and my daughter's been having a great time with it. It's really easy to send photos from my mobile, and the prints come out very quickly. Setting it up was pretty seamless (though it took me a little time to work out which way the paper went in). Once set up you can take the Pogo anywhere and get near instant prints.

My daughter now has photos stuck all over her things. Her generation are more used to seeing photos on PC screens so the prints are a real novelty for her.

The packaging is pretty nice. Looks like Polaroid have been following Apple's example here. (Seems superficial to mention this, but it helps make a good first impression.)

One suggestion I'd make is for the photo paper to have a break on the backing to make it easier to remove it when you want to stick the photo somewhere. (Maybe I just find it tricky because I bite my nails!)

As for the criticisms, the one I'd agree with is: why does it have to come with a non-standard power adaptor? I've not marked it down for this since it seems to be true of all digital cameras in the market (or at least the ones I've seen) so it would be unfair to single the Pogo out. Can't someone legislate to enforce a standard charger?

So apart from that non-dealbreaker, I can definitely recommend the Pogo as a fun gift for anyone who has kids, or is young at heart.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Feb 2010 08:42:05 GMT
Rob says:
I agree with you about the charger, why couldn't they use the new European universal charger, the micro-USB port? Same goes for other similar gadgets like cameras. Makes a big difference when travelling with gadgets abroad to have standard chargers.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2010 14:02:22 BDT
Henrietta says:
what is the charger you need for the pogo? i have just ordered one and so am very excited about it coming, although that might be somewhat tinted if i cant use it straight away!
any help with this would be much appreciated!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (297 customer reviews)

Used & New from: 84.99