5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gadget!, 1 July 2013
This review is from: AnkerŪ MP140 Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (fully backward compatible) Mini Speaker with 3.5mm Aux Port, Enhanced Bass Boost, Built in Mic Speaker System, 10 Hours Playtime (Personal Computers)
This brilliant bluetooth speaker has a compact size but delivers a real punch. If you place its rubberised, non-slip base on a large surface it seems to use that surface to resonate against and delivers a very satisfactory sound. It comes nicely packaged and looks and feels very substantial.

It is extremely easy to set up with one button pairing and audible feedback when powered on or off and when paired. This makes it a breeze to use. The battery life so far is excellent and I am very impressed with all aspects of the product from the very clearly written setup instructions to the supplied USB and 3.5mm jack cables.

Although we have only had this speaker for a less that a week we have used it to listen to in the bathroom where we didn't need to be concerned about damp getting into a phone, in the garden when dining al fresco, in the bedroom and in the car (where it fits beautifully into the cup holder!). I think that this would be an excellent travel and holiday companion and I can see it being one of our most-used gadgets (along with our Anker Astro mini external battery!)

Of course, there are other products out there which compete but I think that the Anker has the edge when it comes to build-quality and sheer ease of use.

If I had to make a criticism then I would say the the one thing which is missing and which this product absolutely cries out for is a carrying bag like the one which came with the external battery. We have had to store the cables for travelling and have now found a suitable pouch but this is the only thing that I would add. I would even be prepared to pay extra for one as an accessory but any travel gadget needs a means of transporting it and its associated bits and pieces.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]