2.0 out of 5 stars QB Pro 2012, 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
I run a small Limited company and use QB to manage my accounts before submitting a file to my accountant to make up the company accounts annually. I had QB Regular 2006. I bought and returned 2010 as it offered very little indeed over 2006. I have now been working with 2012 Pro for a couple of weeks and it does not do much over and above 2006! It does not allow me to download transactions from my banks as they are not among the three that Intuit support and that has not changed in 5 years. It does not support VAT Flat Rate Scheme. Worse than that it has been corrupting the database, failing verification and asking me to 'rebuild database'. The official Intuit support service that I 'enjoy' for 30 days is very poor. The online community support is generally better but it is hard to be confident in advice given free without official sanction.
I have now lost confidence in the product and am seriously considering returning it (again) and moving to something that really does what I want.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Feb 2012 16:22:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Feb 2012 16:23:36 GMT
Hi Geoff,

Sorry to hear that you don't feel that 2012 has much over 2006. I hate to disagree but we have crammed a load of new features into QuickBooks since then, many of them as a result of feedback from our users. For instance, since 2010 you have been able to e-file your VAT, which from April will be an HMRC requirement.

We actually have a link to some info on all the new features in 2012 which can be found here; http://www.intuit.co.uk/quickbooks/accounting-software/upgrade/upgrade-quickbooks.jsp

With regard to your comment on bank integration, we have been trying to increase the scope of banks we can integrate with for some time as we realisse that this is something that's important to our customers but it is necessary for the banks to agree! You may actually be able to achieve the import of import via Excel in .CSV format.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2012 15:33:18 GMT
Lenny says:
N Sullivan - I note you haven't mentioned the VAT flat rate scheme. This has been running for years now and I am amazed Intuit hasn't got round to including it. Surely that doesn't need agreement from any bank?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2012 15:49:13 GMT
Hi Lenny,

It's true that we don't support the flat rate VAT scheme although I am given to believe that the workaround is quite straightforward. I appreciate that this isn't as good as having a built in solution but it is a way to get around it.

Here is a link to a discussion on our online community which explains the workaround.

Naturally, I have to give you the caveat that this is something that one of our users has posted rather than an official Intuit document. I hope this helps.

I will of course pass on your feedback to our Product Development team.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Mar 2012 15:11:32 BDT
Aquila says:
Like the orignal poster, I am looking for a package which supports the flat rate scheme. This reply is hardly professional - why can't you just fix it? Could we have a proper reply from the Product Development team - are they going to deal with it or not? Tthe flat rate scheme is hardly new.

Posted on 9 Jun 2012 09:43:41 BDT
We bought 2012 as we need more licences but we can't use them because the migration from 2008 doesn't work. (Our 2008 company file is fine BTW, it's the migration that screws it up.) Tech support didn't even download our company file within the 30 days free 'support'. Overseas call centres & disinterested agents. Couldn't agree more with your comments on 'support'.

Can't comment on the software as we can't even try it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2012 09:45:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jun 2012 09:46:28 BDT
Hi,
Nathan from Intuit here. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience during your upgrade and subsequent dealings with our support team. I have spoken to one of my colleagues in our UK customer care team and they have asked me if I can invite you to email your contact details and a brief précis of the issue to uk_customer_care@intuit.com and mark it for the attention of Donna and someone will be in touch with you directly to discuss and try and resolve your problem.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2012 17:13:47 BDT
reader says:
has this been resolved? we have 2008 and due to an update that was loaded can no longer email invoices from 2008 and have been told to upgrade to fix the problem

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2012 17:17:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jun 2012 17:17:32 BDT
N Sullivan says:
I am not aware of any update that would cause that although I am not a technical agent. I do know that if you upgrade to a newer operating system or version of office than is supported it can cause that.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2012 17:20:22 BDT
reader says:
when I phoned tech support to find out what caused it. I was informed that it was probably due to a QB update but they could not tell me how to find out because it was unsupported and I had to purchase 2012 to resolve. Great selling technique not even Microsoft use that one!

Posted on 4 Jul 2012 09:51:54 BDT
sneekyneek says:
Im using the 2005 version, and i works fine.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (65 customer reviews)

Out of stock