6 of 7 people found the following review helpful
Top-Notch Office Equipment,
This review is from: Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500M Document Scanner (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Without needing to exaggerate, the Fujitsu ScanSnap has totally transformed the way in which we run our offices. Gone are the days of storing stacks of documentation for necessary client record keeping (indefinite) and 6 years of personal finance for HMRC purposes; everything can be scanned away in moments for easy future access.
Some time ago, I purchased a flatbed scanner. Whilst scan quality was good, it was a laboriously slow process to scan documents with the result the scanner was barely used and paperwork piled up. We moved onto an all-in-one scanner, copier, printer and fax but, once again, scanning was not a straight-forward matter and the process was once again neglected. There just did not seem to be sufficient hours in the day to attend to scanning after everything else. A ScanSnap changed all of that.
The ScanSnap is simple to install and operate; double sided documents can be scanned in a batch with single sided (blank pages are automatically ignored, so there is no need to sort beforehand) and even large files with scores of pages are handled with ease. It operates quietly so you can even scan whilst on the telephone should you wish.
The ScanSnap does everything for you and preferences are easily changed for each document:
* single/double sided documents can be scanned in one go without any prior sorting (for mixed batches choose double sided copying as the blank pages will be automatically ignored);
* documents can be scanned in black & white, colour or using auto colour detection (black and white uses up less space than colour; auto colour detection scans a mixture of colour and black & white depending on the document);
* quality of scanning can be refined per batch; i.e. you can decide what level of detail you need in the finished article and select accordingly; lower quality scanning (perfectly acceptable for most documents except those with pictures) will use up less space and scan faster than higher quality settings;
* the option to select continuous scanning to the same file (useful if you have a large file that cannot be accommodated in the hopper in one batch; tick a box and the ScanSnap will automatically ask whether you wish to continue to scan after the first batch of paper has gone through or if you have finished for that particular document when it will finalise the document). This will allow you to scan several hundred pages to one file rather than have to spend time subsequently merging files together.
* All of which functionality is stored within a smart looking piece of office equipment that takes up a very small amount of space on your desk!
What used to take hours to scan can now be finalised in a fraction of the time; something that always represented a chore is now an enjoyable experience (yes, really), which enables documents to be archived quickly and easily and the original paperwork to be disposed of. It is one of those pieces of equipment that once used, you really will wonder how you ever managed without, whether used in an office environment or simply just to organise your own financial paperwork.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Mar 2012 15:59:18 BDT
j s says:
Posted on 2 Aug 2012 18:35:23 BDT
j s says:
Mountain Lion? Help greatly appreciated, see here:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›