3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed here too, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Beneath This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Ok I've just finished this. I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I was desperate for this to come out, the last few chapters of book 1 really won me over. I'll try and avoid spoilers but this might be difficult.

The biggest problem I have with this book is that nothing really happened in the first 60% that didn't happen in the first. Ava going to work, Jesse being possessive and lots of sex. I wanted to see their relationship develop, find out more about them both, at least expand on what makes him so besotted with her, and I was desperate to know more about The Manor.

It got a lot better around the 65% mark, then my adrenaline kicked and I thought, that's me up for the night to finish it. But then it slows down again. Yes we got some answers but overall I feel a bit let down. There was too much repetition in the writing and the story, not enough actually going on.

The other thing missing is the other characters. I liked Kate, the work colleagues etc but they hardly get a mention.

I will probably be reading the third book when it comes out but I hope it takes the story forward a bit. I still think Jesse is no Christian and the second book definitely continues in the same fifty shades theme. The similarities are endless. Is this a good thing? Well it's been a while since I read 50, maybe that's why I'm being forgiving. I just thought the idea of the Manor was where the similarity would end but there in lies my disappointment.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jan 2013 16:06:49 GMT
Saunders says:
Why oh Why do we repeatedly have to have comparisons to Chritstian Gray? Jessie is no Christian Gray, he is a very different person and I could not disagree with you more regarding the 50 Shades Theme. Two very different stories, two very different characters and for me there is no similarity (we are all entitled to our opinion) and this is mine.
I believe the JOM is going to bring the Manor very much into the forefront in the next book. I think that we might see a very different Ava and maybe she has paved the way for her submitting to his lifestyle? who knows,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whe will just have to wait and see. Dominating males were around a long time before Christian Gray.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 17:16:44 GMT
Smee says:
There are comparisons because the similarities in the story and scenarios are very obvious!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (1,031 customer reviews)

Out of stock