4.0 out of 5 stars Good, better than equivalent Breville!, 16 Aug 2012
This review is from: Bosch Filtrino Fast Cup Hot Filtered Water Dispenser (Kitchen & Home)
I had used the 'one cup' water heater idea for some time, I used the Breville one cup water dispenser, and, it did the job fine, but, with the Breville, there was lots of levers and lids, so, eventually (I suppose) some of them broke, mine did, the catch for lid.

So, I researched a lot, and this Bosch caught my eye, although extremely expensive, for a glorified kettle, it does the job very well, takes about 90 seconds to fill my 300ml mug, it is seems to really be, boiling water that emerges.

The only bad point really, is the strage gurgling sounds it makes when boiling your water, almost like a slow fish tank pump, but, I tend not to notice it so much now, and, given time, I'm sure I won't even be aware of it.

I tend to press the button to start, then carry on doing other things, so, when the noise stops, I know my cuppa is ready. What really swung this choice for me was, 'made in Germany' I have a few things German made, not to mention Bosch drills, and they are very good indeed, that was the deciding factor, also, a 2 year warranty is offered with this device.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this unit, it does the job, and does it well, not sure about tea tasting better going through a filter, but, I'm still thinking about that one, there is certainly a slight difference in taste, but, you don't have to use filters anyway.

Would I buy another, yes, I would ....................

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Oct 2012 23:27:51 BDT
Mrs H says:
When did you have to first de-scale the machine? Does the water come out very slow?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2012 08:59:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Oct 2012 09:06:08 BDT
Hello Mrs H ...

Yes, I think Bosch have something to answer for here, not explaining in detail all these things. I researched first, about the 'Brita' filters, they claim to change after 150 litres or so, I worked it out, my (change filter) light first came on after only 50 litres or so, so, I didn't change it for another 2 cycles, depends of course, if you use it a lot, or, your's is hard water, more often maybe. The water does 'dribble' out slowly, that's because it's only 1600 watt heater, half normal (kettle) current and it heats as it comes out, mine takes 90 seconds for full 250ml cup boiling water. The de-scale, well, I try and work out if it's really needed, the last I missed (I'd only had it two weeks) and de-scaled mine just now again, say every 3 - 4 weeks, if your in a hard water area, then more often, I bought some cheap de-scaler, 3 packets for £1.25, makes 3 x 500ml. It would not surprise me, if Bosch have or own Brita and the Bosch de-scaler brand company. Before I had a Breville 'one cup' that would boil one cup (internally then dispense it) it was not quicker and eventually fell to bits, Bosch stuff is very good quality, German made which was the main reason I bought it. I'd work out, if you have used 150 litres water, before changing Brita filters, and also before de-scale, you can easly turn the lights warning off anyway. I like mine, but, Bosch should have expolained a lot more in instructions, otherwise, you'd end up buying filters and Bosch de-scaler every couple of weeks .... (I write in marker pen, under the black water lid, when I last changed things, then I know) hope this helps?

Brian

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2013 12:16:08 GMT
Mr. C. Pugh says:
What do you do once you have covered all the area under the black lid with notes in marker pen?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2013 13:47:28 GMT
Err.... Erase them & start again!

Better to keep a record, or, judging by your comment maybe not....... !

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2013 16:51:03 GMT
Mr. C. Pugh says:
On mine I bought a cheap labeling machine and stick the maintenance info to front of machine after removing the instruction label.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2013 18:26:13 GMT
Hi...

Yes, good idea, what I did now was, completly remove the inner chamber with the Brita filter, were getting expensive.

There is (in my opinion) no difference in taste, or appearance of the liquid....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (47 customer reviews)

Out of stock