3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Hidden Food Allergies: Is what you eat making you ill? (Paperback)
This book provides good information about how prevalent hidden food allergies are and how to identify them in order to improve your overall health.
This book explains that:
- The major cause of IgG allergies is a leaky gut
- Your immune system can unlearn IgG food allergies
- Once you've had the food allergy tests done, avoid those foods for 3 - 6 months
- To help heal the gut, the following can be helpful: Vitamin A, the B vitamins, zinc, selenium, glutamine and enzymes
- Butyric/caprylic acid can help heal the gut wall
- Once you've avoided problematic foods for 3 months, add them back slowly and use a 4 day rotation diet
- Trial new foods for 3 days
- Trial one new food a week and no more
For information on how to heal a leaky gut I would recommend the book No More Heartburn: Stop the Pain in 30 Days--Naturally! : The Safe, Effective Way to Prevent and Heal Chronic Gastrointestinal Disorders.
Most or even all of the information in this book, and information on many other health topics besides, is also contained in Patrick Holford's other book The New Optimum Nutrition Bible and so that book may be a better value choice than this one, depending on your needs.
Jodi Bassett, The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E.