5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Electronic digital mains Timer Socket Plug-in with LCD Display 12/24 Hour 7 Days (DIY & Tools)
I bought one of these years ago and mislaid it. As I now have a tablet and a Kindle Fire to charge over night I decided just to get another. 3.99 from Lidl, so do shop around, as you know Amazon prices fluctuate hourly.
Ok review:
I notice that some have complained about the little instruction booklet. If anyone has problems with the instructions will be only too happy to help.
We plug both machines in at night (it is set for 4am to 7am), in the morning both are 100%. If the devices are used a lot I just plug them in and using the 'Manual On, Auto, Manual off' button, set it to 'manual on' remembering to reset to 'Auto' after it is charged.
Excellent little gadget even though I am only using a fraction of its capabilities. Solid enough construction, display more than adequate so overall, what are you willing to pay for an item that will save you hassle?

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Dec 2013 17:51:35 GMT
Jegjewellery says:
I have two of these. I assumed they did not work. Now I have lost the instructions but I still can't get them to work. So can you give me a step by step so that I can set them up. I just want them to come on at 4 and go off at 12 midnight every day! SIMPLES? I must be missing something.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2013 13:19:24 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Dec 2013 16:32:47 GMT
Hi Jegjewellery,

I hope you don't mind if I assume you haven't set the time and day, as I too have lost the instructions I have the device in my hand and will just have to go through it (only having set it once).

* It would be a good idea to press the Masterclear button first
* Press and hold down 'CLOCK'
* Press 'WEEK' to select the current day
* Keep you dainty little finger on ' CLOCK' :)
* Press 'HOUR', would you believe to select the current hour
* Do the same with 'minute'
* Release 'clock' button and the time and day should be set
* If you want to try BST/GMT, press 'CLOCK' then touch 'ON/AUTO/OFF', Summer should appear on the right of the display and will advance 1 hour, the same to set it back.
* As the timer is in 24 hour mode by default, press 'CLOCK' then touch 'TIMER' to get 12 hour.
* Press 'TIMER' once then 'WEEK' to select the day/days, there are quite a few options so just keep tapping 'WEEK' to see which suits your needs.
* If you haven't left it longer than 30 seconds just press 'HOUR' to set 16:00 in your case. If it has reverted to time display tap 'TIMER' and make sure it still reads 'on 1'.
* Tap 'TIMER' again 'off 1' is displayed and you will have to set the days again followed by 0:00 using 'HOUR', you could set 23.59 if you're not happy with that.
* Tapping 'TIMER' again will bring up 'on 2' so if you require any more you just go through the procedure above, like you say SIMPLES.

I do hope I have made it clear enough and you get them working. Do let me know if there is anything I have missed.

Dave

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2013 13:36:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Dec 2013 18:23:10 GMT
Oops,

Once you have finished setting the time/times you require, press and hold down 'TIMER' to make sure the settings are registered. Once it gets back to 'on 1' you are safe to hit clock or leave it 30 seconds to revert.

Good luck

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2013 23:15:09 GMT
Jegjewellery says:
Hi, Thank you for your help. However, I bought three of these which have light sensors. Very similar to what you have. After wasting a couple of hours myself, setting them, and then persuading my husband to do likewise, we have come to the conclusion that none of them work.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2013 19:07:26 GMT
Hi Jegjewellery,
I also have a unit with an neon on/off indicator and a 'MODE' button, this is the one I thought I had lost, I might of well had as the backup battery is totally dead so if I were to try to figure that one out I would have to sit with it plugged in, if you want I will have a go.

Anyway I guess the instructions will come in handy for someone and it gave me a little mental exercise, these one are good.

Cheers Dave