10 of 12 people found the following review helpful
Fast, well built and suitable for web novices and pros alike,
This review is from: Samsung Series 5 Wi-Fi Chromebook (Arctic White) (Personal Computers)
I bought my 60-year old mum a chrome book over the weekend in the hope that it will help her join the digital age - and having spent the weekend showing it off, I have to say:
- I am impressed by the speed, quality of build and user experience of the machine
- I think it is a great gift for someone trying to learn the internet for the first time
- I'm going to sell the imaginary shares I own in microsoft - they are going to get killed by this in the next five years - no one will want a windows machine at home when then try this
Only draw backs are:
- I found the trackpad a bit tricky to master (and I use a trackpad all the time on my lenova work laptop)
- I could not figure out which version to Skype or Picassa-desktop to download (I am not sure if any of the Linux versions of those programmes work)
- Without picassa-desktop it was a real pain to upload my mum's photos to the web as it took so long to do.
- The higlighting seemed really faint - in fact the screen could be a bit brighter (or maybe the default setting a bit brighter.
Anyway - I hope you all buy one of these, a masterstroke from Google.