5.0 out of 5 stars You want to read this book!, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Despite Himself (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book; the plot draw you in from the word go, and although it is a very romantic story, it still feels more realistic than others I have read.

The different POV's are very unique, giving the reader a wider field of vision than other novels, whilst missing no part of the main plot. Admittedly it was confusing at first, but that's more down to the fact it is a unique story-writing technique that I have never seen before.

I enjoyed it so much, that before I finished (about two thirds of the way through) I bought the second novel.

As I was reading however, I felt some parts were slightly unrealistic. I also found some grammatical and spelling mistakes, but this by no means took the power away from the main plot.

I give this book 4 stars. Once the grammar and spelling (these are few and far apart) are sorted, despite the ever-so-slightly unrealistic parts, I will give this book a FULL 5 STARS!

Anyone reading this review to help decide whether or not to buy this book.... DO IT - You won't regret it!

EDIT - I have now changed 4 stars to 5 stars!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Aug 2013 19:31:36 BDT
Thank you for your review :) The mistakes are a working progress, the final edit is complete but I am still having troubles uploading it onto kindle, it is however a problem I hope to resolve very soon.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Aug 2013 23:20:41 BDT
Jason says:
Thank you for replying. :-)
I am aware that digital novels are always harder to proofread than the paper format. I have come across some rather bizarre errors (numbers in replace of letters??) on digital copies of other books.
It's not a huge problem IF the story/plot is good- the human mind will always make up for grammatical/spelling errors. (I find this fascinating).

I have only just started your second novel (I just got back from a holiday and am preparing for uni), and I still wish that these novels were made into a movie, programme or webcast!

I could easily picture your characters and the settings (not just down to the fact that I've been going to Skegness for 17 years of my 18 and roughly 3 - 5 times a year till two years ago). I will admit it put a smile to my face when I read those words. :-)

I'll shut now as my partners nagging at me to go to bed.
Thank you again for replying.

Xx

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2013 19:41:30 BDT
Hiya :) I really hope that the second and third novels don't disappoint, I feel it's only fair to warn you that the problem I'm having fixing this book's mistakes is ongoing with all my books and I'm really hoping that those mistakes won't pull you out of the story too much and ruin the experience.

You are right, it seems that there are always more mistakes in digital format, I think this is because of the way you have to edit, format it to be accepted (and everywhere works different) and then upload it. It's a bit of a tedious process but it's worth it even if things do get scrambled in translation.

I'm honored that you'd like to see my books as movies, programs or webcasts, I wish they could be, the characters are so alive in my mind, there is still so much energy in them bubbling away, they're getting ready for another novel I think.
I choose Skegness because I too had been there a lot and it stuck out in my mind as the one place of real freedom at that age, a place of awakening and finding out about yourself and those you are closest to.

I hope you had a brilliant holiday and uni goes well for you :)

Goodness I'm doing a good job of rambling - I'm a female William!
xx

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2013 19:57:19 BDT
Jason says:
I think sometimes I am too. :) What made you choose a gay relationship to a straight one? I only ask out of curiosity.

Maybe a radio/podcast play would be good, I'd be happy to help ;-) (this is not why I wrote the review).

Thank you for your reply once again. I'm so glad to have ha the pleasure of talking to you. X

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2013 22:16:21 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 30 Aug 2013 08:43:25 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2013 22:19:38 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 30 Aug 2013 08:43:57 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2013 22:27:14 BDT
Jason says:
A podcast is basically a radio broadcast of episodes only via the Internet. It means people can download it and listen to it on the go without having to use wifi or mobile broadband. The most known ones are via iTunes but it can be via your website too.

I have never made a podcast for two reasons:
1. I don't know how. (This can be found out via the Internet)
2. I never really had anything to put into one.

Podcasts vary from cult fandom, to self-help guides, news, documentary and many, many more.... (I sound like I know what I'm talking about... But that's the sum of joy knowledge in this subject).

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2013 22:32:50 BDT
Thank you for the info, you know more than I did!
It does sound like a very good idea, I will do some research and look into it :)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2013 22:37:56 BDT
Jason says:
No problem. If you need anything don't hesitate to contact me. I will go to your website and email you so we don't have to go via amazon all the time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (6 customer reviews)

Add to wishlist