1.0 out of 5 stars Very shaky product; terrible seller, horrible customer service, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Seben 700-76 Reflector Telescope huge Big Pack incl. (Electronics)
I bought this for my 8 year old. It looked good, until it was assembled. It is NOT suitable for a child due to the way the viewer is located on the side. It has limited room to be manouvred around. Worst thing was that it was really shaky and felt cheap and was not the quality I expected. I returned it and the manufacturers refused to cover postage cost to Germany. I opened up an A-Z claim with Amazon and credit to them they paid for postage.

UPDATE on 26 June 2013: I would advise everyone to steer clear of this seller. I found them very unethical, untruthful, and extremely poor. Here is my experience:

When I returned the item, Amazon paid for the courier back to the seller. The seller refunded me £20 less with no email, no reason, nothing. I was appalled. I emailed Amazon and they topped up £20. Full credit to Amazon for their excellent care for customers on this occasion. I then wrote the review. NOW CHECK THIS OUT:

Today, I get an email from the seller. They have seen the review. They don't like it. They now claim that had I explained these issues in depth, they would have sent me a returns label for free postage! How ridiculous. I explained the issue to them and they would not budge. They merely sent me the same copy and paste email twice. So they could have very easily sent me a free returns label, but instead they make me waste time and energy to find a courier service and get it shipped out.

So anyway, their email goes on to say: They received the item in bad condition. Again, this is totally false as my wife and I repackaged it in its original packaging with the individual plastic bags etc. In any case, this is the first time I am hearing of the bad condition of the return. So thats why they refunded £20 less? It would have been nice to know!

They then have the AUDACITY to say: we are now prepared to give you your £20, and we would be grateful if you would remove your negative feedback!!! Can you believe the nerve?

Steer clear guys, this one's a baddie.

Formal complaint to Amazon about this seller on its way.

[Add comment]