5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and great support from Supplier, 25 July 2012
This review is from: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz - Gigabyte Z77-D3H - 8GB Corsair DDR3 Overclocked Gaming Bundle
Purchased this combo recently and has been a great buy, I had some issues with the overclock as when powered up it was at 4.2 Ghz and not the advertised 4.4Ghz. It was locking up at this speed and was only stable at 4.0 Ghz so I contacted the supplier via Amazon, I got a reply very quickly to solve the issue.

When they first set the overclock and test them they automatically save the overclocked settings as profile 1 on the bios, for some reason mine was not using the profile on first power up.

I have issues with my PSU that stops it working at 4.4 Ghz which is not the suppliers problem , new PSU ordered and for now i'll settle for a blazing fast stable 4.0 Ghz speed. Well impressed with the tech support from ADMI.

Edit : 3/8/2012

New PSU and still have the problem so that possible problem is eleimated , dont let this put you off this bundle as others I know who have this set up and have no problems whatsover , even at 4.0Ghz as i stated before its a beast of a system :)

Edit : 11/08/2012

After a bit of help from overclockers.net and reading up on others who have this set-up overclocked to 4.4Ghz finally got it running at 4.4Ghz and stable, there are issues with the bios at F8 which was how i received this setup, I updated bios to F12 and then F16 and the stabilty issues have gone at 4.4Ghz.

One thing though , if you do need to update the Bios make sure you save your profile 1 and any other you might have , easily done from bios can save to usb /hdd ect.....

I am well happy with it now and again thanks to ADMI for their help in technical support.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Jul 2012 14:49:21 BDT
What PSU were you using and what issue did it have?
I'm starting a new build with this bundle and any forewarning of possible issues would be very helpfull

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2012 20:01:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Aug 2012 20:04:24 BDT
Ragsy says:
Further to this post I put up I have changed the PSU for a 750W Modular type Dual rail 12v Gaming , unfortunately I still have an issue with the overclock set by ADMI . They are quite quick at reponding to issues and cant fault them atm, I may just be unlucky with this package but others i know who have this set-up have no issues whatsover.

Edit : The PSU I had before was 650W and It showed up unusual readings in monitoring software , this was not actually a PSU issue but just the way the Gigabyte motherboard reports to windows. In bios the voltages were fine, ah well i have a new PSU now even though I probably did not need one but at least I have a warranty with the new one.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 00:20:50 BDT
Thanks for the reply. Initially I think I'm gonna revert the overclock and see how I do powerwise (I'll be running this with a gtx570 on a 650w psu and I don't want to push my luck)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2012 19:50:38 BDT
Dunc says:
how did you save your bios profile to usb
I need to update my bios too from F14 to F18
Regards
Duncan

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2013 10:31:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Oct 2013 10:32:52 BDT
nashathedog says:
I'd just like to add that it is disgusting that the sale info has not been changed as there obviously not all at 4.4. They do two versions of the same set-up except 1 has a gigabyte board and one has an Asus board. All the other components are identical and they both claim to be clocked at 4.4. I bought the Asus version from ADMI which they clocked at 4.1, that doesn't change due to your other components, there profile remains at what they sent it out at. Yes you have to go into the bio's and put it on the correct profile but that is it.

Regardless of how good the product is the fact that they ignore peoples complaints and refuse to change there products promotional info shows a blatant disregard for the consumer.
Claiming all of these will be sent out with a 4.4 ghz overclock is misrepresentation. Not correcting it even after being contacted by myself and other buyers is wrong so I will be contacting Amazon next as it needs changing to stop other buyers from getting duped as I was and clearly you too. They rely on the buyers thinking "well it's great anyway so I'm happy with what I got" and not reporting it, This is bad practise and needs to be stopped it may be too late for us but we can stop others from being duped like this so please consider taking 5 minutes to make Amazon aware of it. Once they get a few reports they will look into it and resolve the issue.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›