5.0 out of 5 stars Very Slick Television, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: LG 32LB650V 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Wi-Fi Smart 3D TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
I was in the market for a 32" television with passive 3D. I dont like the active 3D so I did not consider the Sony range.
Originally I bought a Philips 32PFL5008T, which I was not happy with. So I bought this instead, so my opinion now is really based on comparing this LG to my original Philips purchase.

The LG is a generation ahead of the Philips. It all works so well. Sound is clear, no problem with levels, voices can be hear over music & background noise, it all works fine without requiring a soundbar.

The user interface is well designed, slick, intuitive & quick, however it is not yet complete. The smartphone screenshare app is not yet rolled out. Also the TV connects to my laptop, but as yet I have not figured out how to stream videos from it. It may be the software is not yet up and running, I have not really put a lot of time into sorting this out yet, as I use USB playback & that works great. No out of sync issues with sound & video, which is something that always seems to happen, whenever I have tried USB playback on other devices.

3D images are as great & as good as the philips, but now after being given the option to adjust the picture with a very nice picture adjustment tool, the picture quality is amazing. Its 'too good' my wife says, she sees 'too much detail' now.

Freeview menu is well layed & easy to understand, It looks like the TV will record shows directly on to a hard drive or USB stick, but again I have not yet tried this out, this may need confirming from another reviewer.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jul 2014 10:26:23 BDT
I have just purchased this TV and have found that it is not very responsive to the remote for the first minute or so when I power it on from the remote. Although the TV comes on immediately, whatever Freeview channel numbers I enter, the channel number appear on the top left side of the screen, then disappear and nothing happens. After a minute, the TV works as normal. I enter a channel number, it appears on the top left side of the screen within a menu and the TV changes channel. If I select a different input from the remote, again for the first minute of powering it on, it displays loading briefly but does nothing. After a minute, when selecting input, the input menu is displayed. Do you have this issue? I am not sure if this is normal operation or if my TV is faulty.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2014 23:21:08 BDT
Yes, It is a bit slow to boot up if that is what its doing. For me pretty much everything you do is a bit stuttery for the 1st minute. I assume after the 1 minute everything is fine?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›