3.0 out of 5 stars Problem With Product, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Philips Dual Precision HQ8/50 Replacement Shaving Heads (Personal Care)
This is second time I ordered this product and from different vendor and see the same problem with packaging and the heads. The packet it shows on the web site it shows the wording `Change heads for every 2 years for best result' and the packet which I received second time (first time I returned) also has wording on it `Change heads for every 12 months for best result. Also image shows " 8 Series" written on shaver heads but the one I received it has got "Dual Precision" written on it.
I just wanted to know is the same case with every buddy or every one received the same product and package which is shown on the website? I am more concern about the packaging for the reason the one which I received it says "Change" blade for every 12 months " are these heads got less life than the one which is shown in image?
Please share your comments and advise me on this.

Do we really/always receive the product and package shown in the web site?
thx

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Aug 2013 10:37:58 BDT
Shaun G says:
I bought the replacement blades from Amazon and they had the same packaging as in the picture.

I know that the exact same blades are sold in America and they are recommended to change their blades every 12 months for some reason. If you check out the American Amazon site which is www.amazon.com and search for Hq8 you will probably see packaging that resembles yours.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2013 15:56:08 BDT
Hi,
Thanks for sharing the information. The packet I received it has Philips Norelco printed on it rather than Only PHILIPS, that means this is the product from Philips's North America arm and looks like that is the reason.
But ,wonder why they show different pack and send different. Also, after receiving the second time this NA product ,I started using this but the difference I observed in the heads. Top heads of my current shaver heads (having 8 series written on them,)are sturdy/thick whereas the new one is little thin/less weight (having Dual precision written on them). Though, there is no difference is dimensions as they fits properly and work. I feel the difference after changing the heads it's OK but not great.
My previous experience with such thin heads is not good,as after 1-2 years they gets wear away and internal blades directly comes in contact with skin give bad scars on the face and that is really painful .
In essence, I found the quality difference in the shaver's heads for their sturdiness.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2013 14:40:19 BDT
Fred says:
Philips Norelco HQ8 Sensotec Spectra (3 Pack) For Use With Philips Shavers: 7100 Series, 7200 Series, 7300 Series, 8400 Series, 8800 Series, shaver heads razor blades cutters and foils replacement shaving head.

I'm afraid the Norelco heads (with replacement period of 12 months) would appear to be an INFERIOR Philips product, probably for the USA market. These are being supplied quite SCANDALOUSLY through Amazon when the Sensotec heads (with 24 month replacement) are ordered. I would expect you are entitled to a full refund in the absence of the item you actually ordered not being supplied.

Posted on 24 Jun 2014 11:04:09 BDT
BobB says:
The same problem has just happened to me,surely this is false advertising,makes one wonder if the product is genuine

Posted on 15 Sep 2014 16:15:40 BDT
Greg says:
I ordered the Philips HQ8/40 Sensotec heads for my shaver and the details on the packaging say replace heads every 2 years.
I received the Philips Norelco brand heads with a replacement description every 12 months on the front of the box conveniently covered up by a sticker but on the back it still said replace every 12 months. I did alot of research and I ordered the Philips HQ8/40 Sensotec heads as they are a better quality and not for the American market, like the Norelco brand. I would like to get what i ordered as my heads are worn out. This is false advertising if people did not realise this, I sent them back and got my money back.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2014 07:45:49 GMT
Aw Clarkson says:
I just received the same as you and NOT as pictured.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (432 customer reviews)

£30.00 £23.49