5.0 out of 5 stars COSMOS- Bang to Eternity and Betwixt, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Bang to Eternity and Betwixt: Cosmos (Kindle Edition)
Great book, daunting subject matter

If you're a layman and interested in the current status of theories in physics, such as the origin of the universe, the Higgs field, the tension between general relativity and quantum mechanics, etc., then this book is terrific.

I never understood why some people have no interest to find out what kind of world they live in. I want to know it all. I want to understand it all. After reading this book I know more and I can even say I understand a little more. What I can say with absolute certainty is that this is fascinating stuff to me.

All of the information in this book can be found elsewhere, you don't want to buy it for that. What you do want to buy this book for is the amazing way in which even the most difficult concepts are explained in a concise and clear manner. John Hussey is a true master at explaining the intricacies of modern scientific theories to common folk such as me. Theories that stumped even Einstein; (yes, that spooky action at a distance thing for instance).

This is no small task. Visualizing some of the non-intuitive ideas that flow from modern theoretical physics is quite a job for anyone, let alone a non-specialist. Hussey succeeds to an extent I have not found in other authors.

I had a great experience with this purchase and would recommend Amazon and this vender to anyone interested in these type of items.

He seems a true ambassador of physics and if we had people like that in every field, if one was in the position now to choose what college course to pick it would be hard to figure out what to study since all would be so appealing!

The whole range of subjects, the clarity with which even the most difficult ideas are presented often with a touch of humor and an enthusiasm that is contagious, made me decide to support the five star rating and write this raving review.

Furthermore, I also appreciated that the author presented many known facts combined with their more humbling controversies, limitations, and facts we do not yet know, all of this without getting biased, but nevertheless presenting a peep into what the future might bring.

All of this that makes this book a must-read. Sorry to say people, the list of books we 'have' to read before we die has just got bigger with one, so all I can say is; read this first while you can! I can only hope he will come with more.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]