5.0 out of 5 stars How's it going...., 31 July 2013
This review is from: Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive (Accessory)
After ordering this I started reading more of the reviews and started to think I'd made a mistake, However.... Please note this is currently under 1 month old. If issues arise I'll bring them up when I update this.

On arrival it was well packaged on time (a day early) and I was pleased to see I'd gotten a Thailand model rather than one made in China,. I read issues regarding country of origin in other reviews. I added this to an Intel 3570k gaming pc for additional storage. The rig also has a 256gb ssd (Samsung 840) for the O.S. and other odd's and sod's and a 1tb WD Red for Steam, Origin and other online game set ups.

I plugged this in to a Sata 2.0 as the ssd and Red took up the 2 sata 3.0's available. Yet it is roughly 40% faster than the red still. I didn't expect that even though there different speeds so I was pleased.

During the first month where it can be sent back I've been scanning for error's every few days and so far zilch. It's clear of any problems.

My experience so far:
For the price I have done really well, 65 quid and I have a 2tb drive thats averaging around 160/150 mbs on read and write,
It's showing no errors as I reach the 3 week period and I will continue to test on a regular basis as I always do for all components. I'm a heavy user who's rig spends 8 plus hours a day on. I use the drives a lot as my hobby is modding so I move files around a lot as well as run relevant programs like SDK's etc.

I will update this review whether I come across issues or not to either give it a thumbs up or warn of what to watch for. for now it's a good performer, All the best.

UPDATE, I've had it 5 weeks now, so it's beyond the 28 day send back, Tests show it is A-okay. Next update in a few months.

[Add comment]