4 of 6 people found the following review helpful
A good set of essays by Christian thinkers known in their field.,
This review is from: God is Great, God is Good (Paperback)
The essay titles and authors tell it all. A series of essays by well known Christian apologists. Each chapter has a further reading section. For me it is a joy when Christian thinkers collaborate in a book like this, they are loving God with their mind. This book is mind food for the Christian thinker. Chapter headings are:
1. Richard Dawkins on Arguments for God by William Lane Craig
2. The Image of God and the Failure of Scientific Atheism by J P Moreland
3. Evidence of a Morally Perfect God by Paul K Moser
4. God and Physics by John Polkinghorne
5. God and Evolution by Michael J Behe
6. Evolutionary Explanations of Religion by Michael J Murray
7. God, Evil and Morality by Chad Meister
8. Is Religion Evil? by Alister McGrath
9. Are Old Testament Laws Evil? by Paul Copan
10. How Could God Create Hell? by Jerry L Walls
11. Recognising Divine Revelation by Charles Taliaferro
12. The Messiah you Never Expected by Scott McKnight
13. Tracing Jesus' Resurrection to its Earliest Eyewitness Accounts by Gary R Habermas
14. Why Faith in Jesus Matters by Mark Mittelberg
Postscript: My Pilgrimage from Atheism to Theism by Antony Flew (with Gary Habermas)
Appendix: The Dawkins Confusion: Naturalism "Ad Absurdum": A Review of Richard Dawkins's "The God Delusion" by Alvin Plantinga
For another fascinating series of essays see Contending with Christianity's Critics: Answering New Atheists & Other Objectors edited by Paul Copan and William Lane Craig.
NB For more on Paul Copan's essay (Are Old Testament Laws Evil?) see Is God a Moral Monster?: Making Sense of the Old Testament God by Paul Copan, published in 2011.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Sep 2011 13:59:13 BDT
I accidentally clicked the 'No' button to say that this review wasn't helpful to me, but actually it was helpful. Thank you to the reviewer.
In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2011 22:53:08 BDT
You can change your mind as Amazon tracks your IP address. So you can vote again.
Posted on 14 May 2013 12:47:35 BDT
Captain Pang says:
the list of books you have is a how to on fooling yourself, as soon as science stops working i will take the "philosophical" route
‹ Previous 1 Next ›