4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish product, 15 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18117 4 Slice Deluxe Toaster (Kitchen & Home)
I debated whether to order this toaster as it is fairly expensive compared to many of the other ones available on the market. However, it had some good reviews so I thought I would treat myself.

The toaster arrived very well packed and protected, there was no way it could get damaged in transit. On unwrapping the toaster I was impressed at how great it looked. It positively shone and sparkled in my kitchen (making my other gadgets look tired and worn).

Because it is a four slice toaster it does take up quite a lot of counter space when compared to a two slice toaster.

It was very easy to use, although it comes with an easy to read manual I just plugged it in and got going on my first piece of toast. You can do two sets of two slices independently of each other - great if you and the other person like your toast done differently. This was a great feature as I have always used a two slice toaster in the past and have had to let one set of toast go cold while I was making the other set of toast. With this toaster I can now sit down and eat my toast at the same time as my husband.

There are three buttons on the front, one to toast frozen bread - handy if, like me, you keep bread in the freezer to keep it fresh. The second button is a warming button. If for some reason you make your toast and get called away you can easily reheat it and not have to chuck the cold toast away. The third button is the cancel button in case you want to stop the process part way through.

One nice feature I found was that the slider enabled you to raise it up so you could see how the toast was progressing rather than on previous toasters where I have had to cancel it to get it to pop up just so I could look and see if it was cooked.

The only downside to this toaster was that it seems to take significantly longer to toast the bread than any other toaster I have used in the past.

Overall, a little pricey but a very aesthetically pleasing product with the main features that you would expect from a toaster.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Jan 2014 13:58:46 GMT
I agree with everything that's been said previously, although the numbers and icons on the front are pretty difficult to see, even with my specs on! don't know how this problem could be overcome though, unless they were in a bright green instead of Black, as Black on shiny Stainless Steel is useless. Have kept the instructions by the toaster for a few goes, until I get used to what's what. Otherwise I love this toaster.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (418 customer reviews)

Reviewer

D. Jones
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Location: Warwickshire