1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly executed and incomplete, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Facebook Business Basics: The Jargon-Free Guide to Simple Facebook Success (Paperback)
The book is described as the guide to Facebook success. It has a great deal about the writers past and very little about how to set up a facebook business page. Despite this guide I have yet to finish my page. Facebook itself is notorious for its poor help pages and the pages section is no different. This book will not provide further insight.
As with many books regarding computer based programmes, services or processes, it assumes a good deal of knowledge in its readers. If a reader had the level of knowledge required perhaps the book would not be needed ? I gave the book to my web designer and asked him to try, from it, to sort my Facebook page. He said it was of no use to anyone.
A waste of money Im afraid.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Apr 2013 17:23:51 BDT
L Love says:
Hi Chris,

Thanks for reading my book. I'm sorry you didn't have as much success with it as my other readers have.

I personally hate it when a writer blabbers on about what they've done, but don't actually offer any actionable points from it. That's why I kept my speech about what I have done and who I have worked with to just a couple of pages. The rest is all about setting up your Facebook page for success.

I did also include a `jargon busting' chapter, in which I define all the confusing terms on Facebook, so it doesn't assume you should hold any knowledge. I did write it based upon the common queries and concerns I receive from paying clients on a daily basis, so I'm surprised your web designer suggests that it's of no use. Each to their own though I suppose.
Again, sorry it wasn't to your liking. I'm more than happy to refund the amount of the book. Just send me an email to the address at the end of the book and I will sort this out for you.

All the best,
Lewis

PS. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on my follow up book which will be about Twitter marketing. I received lots of positive feedback surrounding this book, so I'm looking forward to helping others with this next one. I'd also like to send a complimentary copy of this to you when it becomes available if that's ok?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›