5.0 out of 5 stars I really like the TomTom 530T, 24 Sep 2008
This review is from: TomTom GO 530T Satellite Navigation System (Electronics)
I really like the TomTom 530T but I am comparing it with others that I have owned. The TomTom 530T is my fourth Sat Nav - the other three were Navman Sat Navs.

I started with the iCN320, upgraded to the F50 and then (upgraded?) to the S90i. Now after only four months I have replaced the S90i with the TomTom 530T and I am absolutely delighted with it.

I now have maps that are up-to-date and that I can immediately correct myself when errors are detected, experience both visual and verbal route guidance that is both accurate and easy to follow and get traffic (TMC) reception more often. I can now rely on the Sat Nav for guidance and concentrate on the road and traffic. The Advanced Lane Guidance feature is absolutely great!

The F50 was brilliant for hands-free calling, requring only three actions (two button presses and one voice command) to make and end a call, but it took time to configure in the first place. The TomTom 530T requires four quick and easy selections to 'call home' and ending the call is simple to do - I rarely used the S90i hands-free calling process as it required too many on-screen selections, was unreliable and, in my opinion, unsafe.

To rate my satisfaction with the TomTom 530T it would be useful to give a comparison - the F50 would be 70%, the S90i 10% (yes, ten) and the TomTom 530T 97%. The only disappointment with the 530T has been the slowness in connecting to the TomTom site for updates (but at least I can get updates online) and the fact that the power and TMC connections have to be made to the device itself - it would have made more sense for them to be connected to the windscreen mount to make it easier to set up and remove the unit.

If I had to choose again, I would still buy the 530T - it is accurate, easy to use, updatable and with clear visual and verbal guidance, it is a very useful navigation aid.

And, if I should ever need to replace it, it will certainly be with another TomTom product.

[Add comment]