5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet, 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Demon Trappers: Forgiven (Paperback)
Please bear in mind that this is the 3rd book in the series and may contain spoilers for the previous books.

I am going to be honest with you from the start, I love this series and in my opinion it just keeps going from strength to strength. This is the best one yet, even if at points I felt as if my heart was being wrenched out.

The storyline picks up directly from the ending of Forbidden, dropping us straight in to the action. The revelations come thick and fast, the pacing of the story is a thrill ride in itself. I love the way Jana Oliver has the ability to weave together action, romance and the paranormal without pausing for breath. Riley is such a relatable character, over thinking and questioning herself but when the chips are down she really comes through.

The character developments took my breath away in this book. Insight into personalities and actions, background details of not only the main characters but the ones that shape the edges of the story added a great deal of depth and understanding to the narrative. Although there is still a huge amount left to learn, especially about Beck *swoon*. I have to say that although I love this bad boy I wouldn't want to see him with anyone else other than Riley, they are so perfect for each other.

Underlying all of the story is the battle of good versus evil, angels versus demons, what this book did was made me question as to whose side I was on. Who really is the champion of mankind? It was just brilliantly portrayed. The sacrifices people make for their loved ones and whether their choices are in fact the right ones all comes into question.

I also adore the way in which friendships are portrayed, help comes from unexpected places. While misconceptions can backfire badly, specifically in Simon's case.

I loved everything about this book, even though I sobbed at the ending. I am seriously pining for the next installment, thank goodness its this year or I might have to camp out on Jana's front lawn in an attempt to get her to take pity on me and let me read it [ ; D ]

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]