1.0 out of 5 stars Hardly value for money, 25 Mar 2010
This review is from: Acer Aspire Z5610 23inch Touch screen display Desktop, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor , 4Gb RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD-RW, Windows 7 Home Premium (Electronics)
For almost 1000 one should expect a reasonable set of instructions and a full set of components. Incredibly this machine - which differs considerably from conventional desktops - comes with nothing that is of help and, worse still, was lacking some components. Acer's Indian technical support centre were worse than useless (at 10p/minute!)and added insult to injury by telling us that start-up documentation was not supplied because it could be downloaded once the machine was up and running!
Attempts to speak direct to Acer were frustrated by the fact that Acer refuse as a matter of policy to communicate with the public, relying instead on telephone support offices (and how we love them.........).
Eventually someone from technical support decided that the machine was defective and offered to replace it. We decided that Acer had had their chance and had muffed it so we told them to collect it and arrange for a refund.
For the price of the machine, one expects better treatment and the answer is to give firms such as Acer a wide berth until they adopt a responsible attitude to their customers.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Mar 2010 19:14:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Mar 2010 19:25:51 BDT
George Levy says:
Acer Aspire Z5610 23inch Touch screen Desktop, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor , 4Gb RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD-ROM, Windows 7 Home Premium
I purchased this item from another source but would like to agree with Xpress, everything he said is correct.
The only set up instructions were a small 4fold piece of paper which mainly told you how to put batts.in the mouse and keyboard !!!!!. My problem was the mouse and keyboard would not work. Two calls to India failed to put this right.Have arranged to return for refund.

Posted on 26 Apr 2010 11:30:55 BDT
Mr. C. Small says:
thanks for this review .I was about to buy this item .Now i will not

Posted on 24 May 2010 19:51:33 BDT
I was just about to make a purchase and thankfully read the reviews first. So no sale there now. Acer. Take note.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2010 23:02:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2010 23:04:09 BDT
David Clark says:
Stupid people. If you really need help on how to turn on a pc, buy it from pc world for 200 more and get the spotty 17 year old youth to explain it to you.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 18:46:40 BDT
Fairness says:
Mr Clark.

What right do you have to insult people - it is rather naughty and very sad.

Should you really want to air your knowledge and superiority at least get your facts right! P C World's price for this product is 829.99 that I a mere mortal calculates is 6.58 cheaper than the price shown at the top of this page.

No Mr Clark I also like Amazon and I do not work at P C World but do try to have respect for others. 'That man will honour one another and seek the common good'!

Posted on 28 Jun 2010 02:35:24 BDT
K B O'Neill says:
I must concur with Xpress and sympathize with their plight. I recently set up a Z5600 [very little difference to Z5610] for a member of my family and all I had to help me was a glossy leaflet telling me how to sync the mouse and keyboard,the rest was up to me. I personally love computers and spend a lot of time on my own pc and sometimes as in this case sorting things out for family. I myself am an average user [a truck driver by trade] and built up my knowledge over the last few years using various pcs with operating systems ranging from windows 98 to windows 7 so in fact I enjoyed setting up the Acer Z5600 without a manual by way of a challenge, which by the way is a lovely machine and well worth the money, and I intend getting one for myself in the near future ! Back to the point, if you're going to buy this bit of kit there are no blow for blow instructions so you need your wits about you [or a relative]to get started, it's not rocket science after all. No manual less cost ! When I get stuck for an answer I google,it never fails! The Z5600 is now fully set up on the home network [wirelessly] and can be moved to any room by just unplugging the mains lead. In time these "all in one pcs" will make TVs and DVD recorders obsolete in the home,no more bundles of wire lurking in the background.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›