11 of 12 people found the following review helpful
Brilliant - can't recommend more,
This review is from: Apple TV (launched September 2010) (Old model) (Electronics)
Have to admit I bought this not fully understanding what it did / why I needed it - so for those equally unaware here's the quick summary (I have mine plugged into the home cinema / tv):
- wirelessly* link to your pc and play your music from your computer (itunes) through tv / home cinema (HC)
- wirelessly (airplay) link from your iphone, ipad (etc) to use the TV etc as essentially a set of speakers (you've just walked in listening to a song - switch the 'speakers' to the tv.)
- ipad/iphone can be used as a remote to control the music you listen to (ie it can just be the remote to the PC or provide the music)
- watch videos / movies as above
- direct link to netflix where you can watch latest trailers or download and rent films
- limited internet link w/ youtube etc (can't say I've ever used this tho !)
* I've written wireless but you also have an ethernet option if you need it.
It's a tiny little box which, as with any apple product is simple to plug in and use and as of a few months in has given me zero issues. Excellent
If it had iplayer on there too ....