5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
11 tracks of bliss,
This review is from: Back To Earth (Audio CD)I am more into the chilled side ofpsychedelic music/ trance and this is an amazing album from this artist. I don't know much of their previous stuff, but as far as a 'chill' album goes, this is a definite addition in any psy chill/ dub collection. A quick description of tracks I like best:
1. Tuned Mass Damper - electro, 135bpm (but doesn't feel it), floaty background sounds, synth sounds - nice. (Reminds me a bit of Bluetech)
2. Pharoah - as the name suggests - been to Egypt? Belly dancers? That's it - great track - funky - addictive - makes you want to shake - aliens in the background.
3. Lo-ride Sloucher - glitchy sounds, aliens. Good track.
4. Flippity Flippity - Jazzy sound, double bass?, piano, sax/trumpet? Percussion. Typical jazz sound. Great loungey type track. Sunday lounging sound.
5. Epoch Calypso - as the name suggests......funky, jazzy, calypso sound, makes you want to dance!
9. Dune Rider - heavier bass, floaty background sounds, arabic flavours, nice beats.
10. Valley of the Moon - more chilled (90bpm), bassy, dubby, relaxing track. Good way to reach the end of the album.
Overall, a wonderful array of mucis styles, well thought and perfect for chilling, relaxing or after party but not sleeping as such! Enjoy for yourself.