1,012 of 1,063 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT! LOVE IT! BUY IT!, 16 Nov 2012
This review is from: Bosch TAS2002GB Tassimo T20 Hot Beverage Machine, Gloss Black (Kitchen & Home)
I have been thinking about buying a coffee machine for a few weeks now and did alot of research. And i mean alot! I came here to look at reviews, which? My coffee machine website that compares all coffee machines. I was put off by alot of reviews on here so decided to go to a leading supermarket where "every little helps" so I could inspect it close up. And it just happened they are half price there until xmas :) so I purchased it and as soon as I got home opened it up and fired it up. After filling the water tank up you have to flush the machine which takes all of 2 mins! After that your ready. Stick the pod in and as soon as the lid clicks your ready to go. Its amazingly quick!

Onto the bits you really want to know. I am a coffee connoisseur. I know everything there is to know about coffee :) and I am, if I do say so myself a fab coffee maker! I have various bits n pieces at home for making good coffee. I have a total of 32 glass jars all with fresh ground coffee and coffee flavours I have created myself! So as you can see you now know why I took along time researching coffee machines!
I had a budget of 400 to play with when choosing my machine. But for some unknown reason I kept coming back to this Tassimo Machine and the new Dolce Gusto Machine.
The reviews on both were extremely mixed and to be honest were starting to stress me out with comments like "you are going into a relationship with Tassimo" "the cup size that comes out is small"
As I learned today, the cup stand that comes with the machine knows the size of your cup, you twist to make the stand higher = a small cup and you release to lower the stand = a big cup. So I think thats where people are going wrong. Once the pod is in you press start. Once its ran its cylce the light flashes to manual which you press and hold down for as long or as little as you want to get more coffee. I noticed a comment about watered down coffee so after I used a pod I put it back in and made another cup to taste. Being 100% honest here the second cup was absolutely fine! Wasnt weak or watery! It tasted just the same as the first!
Now then.... onto the choice of Coffee! The day I got the machine the entire Tassimo range was on offer. I got one pack of Cappuccino x 16. One pack of Americano x 16. One pack of Crema x 16 and one pack of Latte Macchiato Caramel. All packs were 3.50. People keep saying theres 16 pods but you only get 8 cups. Um sorry but not true!!! I made a coffee in a big tall Costa Glass and it was filled to the brim!!!

The different coffees I have tried so far are LUSH!! The Caramel was to die for! The Capuccino went down a treat with my Mum and even my Brother muttered a Mmmmmmmmmm thats nice!!

This machine really doesnt have any bad points! If the only bad reviews are on here regarding the cup sizes that does show and prove that the machine itself is a fab wee machine. Its a very cute, quirky design and looks fab on my counter. Another little bonus is you can press the button to have just boiled water and stick a cup under with a tea bag in! So my kettle has been demoted!!

So all in all the Tassino Coffee Machine is a fantastic little gadget. Makes superb Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Horlicks milk, kids Hot Chocolate, English Tea, Thai Tea, Earl Grey, Decaff, Iced coffee, Iced Tea. Every Hot Beverage going!!
Please dont let the odd fussy review put you off.
I am hoping to upload a video of the machine in action to help you Coffee Machine hunters see how it works.

P.S when you buy the machine you have the option of registering it and when you do you are given a 20 voucher to spend at Tassimo Online. You can buy more Pods or accessories. Theres free delivery when you spend over 35 so if you have the 20 voucher and dont make the 35 p+p is 5. And every time you buy you earn points to spend later :) its a win win!!

I really do hope this review helps. I do tend to bang on a bit but when I see something getting bad reviews when it doesnt warrent them I like to defend the item :)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 9 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 21-28 of 28 posts in this discussion
Posted on 4 Nov 2013 12:47:22 GMT
Hello, I just just wondered how you go about making a latte with this machine as the product info doesn't seem to say anything about it and as milky coffee is my favorite, thats probably all I would use it for. Calvin.

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 17:37:07 GMT
pixie28 says:
I really wanted one of these machines as they look so cool and the little 'pods' u can buy look yummy but after so many different comments I'm not sure now. Stuck???

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 23:45:56 GMT
Paul o brien says:
latte comes with 2 pods. one milk the other coffee. you put one in the machine after the other

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 23:48:59 GMT
Paul o brien says:
in my opinion the machine is excellent. the reason why we all posted is that the original poster was simply not correct (putting it mildly) in her review. thats not to say the machine is nothing but excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2014 18:11:33 GMT
Bosch TAS2002GB Tassimo T20 Hot Beverage Machine, Gloss BlackI have read your reply, I am getting one delivered tomorrow .Then I will be able to see first hand what its like,im sure it will do what it says.what point is there telling lies ?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2014 19:43:37 BDT
M. Allen says:
You have one pod for the frothy milk and another to add the coffee (espresso). you put the first pod in, press the button and you get the frothy milk, take out first pod & put in second one, press the button and hen it's done you've got a latte. for my taste the Costa ones taste a bit weird - not like in a Costa shop - but other brands are very good. Carte Noire Latte Macchiato Caramel is amazing!

Posted on 10 Apr 2014 20:49:52 BDT
Suzy456 says:
I dont know what all the fuss is, i have had the older version of this machine which "twists" to adjust platform height depending on whether you are using a coffee cup or a latte cup. I have had this machine for over 5 years and have never descaled it as dont know how to. It has worked perfectly for me and you do get 16 coffees in a pack if you buy the ordinary coffee and you just add your own milk. Best thing i ever bought. If it stops working i will be buying a replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 10:33:50 BDT
I'm with you Suzy456, its a great coffee and tea maker no problems whatsoever. Just follow instructions simple.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›